Kraton Long grass and hot motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Ive got a kraton exb 6s with a max6 combo, i haven't had any heat issues with the set up but today i was bashing in a field with long grass and the motor got pretty hot and the battery's didn't last as long, is this normal with long grass as im assuming the grass is making it work harder to get through it. Plus one if my 3s batteries when i charge it two of the cells get to 4.2 volts fine but the other cell seems to get close then starts going back down, is this a sign the battery is on its way out and is it safe to use it if one cell isn't getting fully charged

Ive got a kraton exb 6s with a max6 combo, i haven't had any heat issues with the set up but today i was bashing in a field with long grass and the motor got pretty hot and the battery's didn't last as long, is this normal with long grass as im assuming the grass is making it work harder to get through it.

Yup, long grass is deceptively hard on your motor in particular, quickly getting it to crispy-bacon-level temparatures!

I'm forced to run in fairly unkempt grass quite a lot so I've tried to mitigate this effect as much as possible with a high-speed motor fan and more airflow and the like, but still run into thermal shutdowns if I'm not careful.

The best way to combat this, I've found -- other than maybe gearing down a little -- is to just take well-timed breaks, taking the body off and letting the fan run if possible. In my case, that tends to cool down the motor fairly quickly.

Did it get close to overheating?
Yes it did, even the bottom of the chassis was hot to touch but its all good now luckily 😃
Yup, long grass is deceptively hard on your motor in particular, quickly getting it to crispy-bacon-level temparatures!

I'm forced to run in fairly unkempt grass quite a lot so I've tried to mitigate this effect as much as possible with a high-speed motor fan and more airflow and the like, but still run into thermal shutdowns if I'm not careful.

The best way to combat this, I've found -- other than maybe gearing down a little -- is to just take well-timed breaks, taking the body off and letting the fan run if possible. In my case, that tends to cool down the motor fairly quickly.
I let it sit for about 10 minutes with the fan on which is a high powerd one and it was cool to touch pretty quick, i don't normally use it in long grass but the bash spot i go too the local council havnt cut the grass yet but its a lesson learnt 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back