Long Shaft 2mm Hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlvhawk3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys, as the title says, I'm wondering about 2mm hex driver with longer shafts. I've got the MIP speed tip set that I use with my Kobalt double drive screwdriver for most everything. But the one thing they don't work well for is going down the axle(?) thing to take the diff apart on my Granite BLX 3s. I love the MIP brand. I've rounded other decent quality bits already, but not them! Will the yellow handled MIP driver work or does it have the same length and problem? If that one is too short also, is there another high quality 2mm driver with long enough shaft you can recommend?

Amazon has the Neewer drivers that are long enough
I have a set of these drivers and like them. In fact, I specifically picked up a set just for the axle set screws. Anything that has locktite or I can't afford to strip I always use hand tools. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Hey guys, as the title says, I'm wondering about 2mm hex driver with longer shafts. I've got the MIP speed tip set that I use with my Kobalt double drive screwdriver for most everything. But the one thing they don't work well for is going down the axle(?) thing to take the diff apart on my Granite BLX 3s. I love the MIP brand. I've rounded other decent quality bits already, but not them! Will the yellow handled MIP driver work or does it have the same length and problem? If that one is too short also, is there another high quality 2mm driver with long enough shaft you can recommend?

you can use the bits you have if you take the shaft and lift it to a 90* position.. it will resist slightly as the ears go over the ear of the output yoke.. they don't spread far at all so it wont hurt the shafts..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back