Typhon Long Wait For A Typhon!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleybb50

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Ordered a Typhon around 2 weeks ago from Tower... It had an estimate of Mud August at the time. Now it shows late Aug! Argh...

I must really want this thing :) haha. But in all honesty - as I type this, I start to wonder if I shouldn't maybe look into a roller. But with the Tower savings and then the new electronics, etc, I really wanna stick it out with my order. I guess the longer I wait the more exciting it will be when it finally arrives!

**Just venting and trying to make myself feel better about the wait** lol

Just wait and you will be really happy when it arrives. Keep reading the forum to see what you can learn from the Typhon and start ordering some of the upgrades that you will like to make.

I'm sure it's worth the wait. I love mine and I'm glad that I ordered it (v2) as soon as it's in stock. I've submerged mine for >5 times and it still runs well. Just 2 days ago the thread on servo horn suddenly stripped after a crash sideways and someone from other forum mentioned that it might be my servo saver is stuck so it didn't save my servo. (maybe dust, dried up clay due to water, etc?) I'm gonna take a look at my servo saver. In summary, I see no big issues as I have crashed it hundreds of times and submerged completely in water for many times. I have only broken AR330203: rear shock end plastic part, and 2 rear wheels' bearing is completely stuck due to rust (I didn't lub it after submerging in water for many times). Now I'm waiting for my replacement servo horn to arrive so I can't drive now.. :p

Just wait and you will be really happy when it arrives. Keep reading the forum to see what you can learn from the Typhon and start ordering some of the upgrades that you will like to make.

Will do! And I already have extra arms, and the internal diff shims, 2.2 drill bits, external ring/pinion shims, and Badlands with Split 6's ready for it! Im not sure yet if I'll keep the stock pinion in, or if I'll swap to the faster pinion like I did with the Kraton and Senton...
I'm sure it's worth the wait. I love mine and I'm glad that I ordered it (v2) as soon as it's in stock. I've submerged mine for >5 times and it still runs well. Just 2 days ago the thread on servo horn suddenly stripped after a crash sideways and someone from other forum mentioned that it might be my servo saver is stuck so it didn't save my servo. (maybe dust, dried up clay due to water, etc?) I'm gonna take a look at my servo saver. In summary, I see no big issues as I have crashed it hundreds of times and submerged completely in water for many times. I have only broken AR330203: rear shock end plastic part, and 2 rear wheels' bearing is completely stuck due to rust (I didn't lub it after submerging in water for many times). Now I'm waiting for my replacement servo horn to arrive so I can't drive now.. :p

This is all great to hear! Funny that earlier in the summer the Typhon was the only one in stock (and the Senton maybe?). At that time I wasn't totally sure if it was update or not, so I didn't get it. Now I wait - haha.

Last edited:
Is it odd that I'm almost glad its out of stock and I'm waiting? It's the closest thing to Christmas that a 34 year old gets to experience in life.... Hahaha. Something I can't have that I'm waiting on higher powers to deliver.

It's truly going to make me like the Typhon more than if it came immediately.

I did not feel like waiting so I got lucky and found a V2 Typhon in stock on Amazon and ordered it yesterday. I'm having a really hard time figuring out what batteries will fit in this thing without having to modify the tray or stack them on top of each other. Apparently the Typhon is not the only Arrma with this issue. My local hobby shop guy has a Kraton and he had to modify his tray to fit his two 3S's. Then there is the TX90 connector. They are practically non-existent at my hobby shops. I have 4 3S Lectron 5400 mah with traxxas connectors. Guess I'm going to have to solder or buy more (expensive) batteries.

I did not feel like waiting so I got lucky and found a V2 Typhon in stock on Amazon and ordered it yesterday. I'm having a really hard time figuring out what batteries will fit in this thing without having to modify the tray or stack them on top of each other. Apparently the Typhon is not the only Arrma with this issue. My local hobby shop guy has a Kraton and he had to modify his tray to fit his two 3S's. Then there is the TX90 connector. They are practically non-existent at my hobby shops. I have 4 3S Lectron 5400 mAh with traxxas connectors. Guess I'm going to have to solder or buy more (expensive) batteries.
Ah yes - I see that. Still shows 1 in stock. I had used either a $60 or $75 off coupon through Tower, so it'd be a hefty increase for me to buy there. Then with the (very slight) worry that their ASIN number isn't accurate or something... I'll just wait for Tower (sadly). Haha.

Plus that will be more time passing so it'll be easier on the wife... Haha

Ah yes - I see that. Still shows 1 in stock. I had used either a $60 or $75 off coupon through Tower, so it'd be a hefty increase for me to buy there. Then with the (very slight) worry that their ASIN number isn't accurate or something... I'll just wait for Tower (sadly). Haha.

Understood. I had a $50 Amazon gift card. If it's not a V2 it's going right back. Amazon is easy to work with regarding RMA's.

I did not feel like waiting so I got lucky and found a V2 Typhon in stock on Amazon and ordered it yesterday. I'm having a really hard time figuring out what batteries will fit in this thing without having to modify the tray or stack them on top of each other. Apparently the Typhon is not the only Arrma with this issue. My local hobby shop guy has a Kraton and he had to modify his tray to fit his two 3S's. Then there is the TX90 connector. They are practically non-existent at my hobby shops. I have 4 3S Lectron 5400 mAh with traxxas connectors. Guess I'm going to have to solder or buy more (expensive) batteries.

I've not had any trouble with batteries fitting - they just go next to each other, laying on their side. I've used 2x2S and 2x3S with no issues at all. All of mine have the non-removable cables, though, so I don't have to worry about the removable kind.

On my two 1/8th scale, I actually went with XT150 and put those connectors on my bigger batteries as well.

Just got the Typhon in the mail today. It's a V2 so I'm good! Now i just need the batteries and Banditos I ordered to arrive!

Man... Tower Hobbies said mid August when I ordered my Typhon. Then it got pushed to late August, and now Mid September it says??

Argh!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back