Raider Longer dogbone options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose2w1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey everyone. I've had a problem with my stock dogbones chewing up my out drive cups. I was wondering if anyone has tried HPI RS 4 MT 2 ( tower hobbies part #lxfyu8)? They are a tad longer at 86mm, which I'm assuming is pin to pin and not end to end. I'm thinking the extra 3mm might help me from chewing up drive cups.

Hey everyone. I've had a problem with my stock dogbones chewing up my out drive cups. I was wondering if anyone has tried HPI RS 4 MT 2 ( tower hobbies part #lxfyu8)? They are a tad longer at 86mm, which I'm assuming is pin to pin and not end to end. I'm thinking the extra 3mm might help me from chewing up drive cups.

I've read that these are pretty good. Pricey, but if they last it might be worth it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=003068475&I=LXDXBC&P=K

Hi

I think he has the longer dog bones on his so those won't work for him, and I think the HPI 86mm will be to long. You need to get the HPI ones that are 84mm. Also what vehicle do you have, I want to be sure I'm giving you the right info?

Last edited:
I have the raider XL. The note I read up on dogbones, the more it looks like manufacturers go by the full length of the doggone instead of pin to pin. I'm now thinking of trying some Redcat racing 90mm ones. If the stock 86mm has a lot of slop, the 90mm should be about right.

I have a raider xl blx I just got last month. The short 83mm dogbone tore up the axle where it goes in. The 90mm redcat fits. It almost goes all the way in on both sides but doesn't seem to bind. I've run it on 3s with no more damaging the axles or out drives. Measuring the redcat 90mm with just a tape measure end to end I got 3.5 inches or 88.9mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back