Limitless Longer rear diff dogbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1BMF

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
ISO dogbone longer than the standard 168mm rear diff.

Not sure what you are asking?
There are 6 driveshafts in all....
What is it that you want to do? :cool:

Not sure what you are asking?
There are 6 driveshafts in all....
What is it that you want to do? :cool:
The standard 168mm dogbone & or shaft cups are too short to use with my lock spool. I have an extra 10mm space so the dogbone keeps falling out.

Wow, that's a dilemma, I got ya now..
Hmm......

Short at the rear DB shaft?
I imagine you are swapping the spool.
Are we taking about all stock parts, spool and dog bones. Arrma has not changed out the specs whether spool or diff. I have both an Infr.( diff) and a Lim(spool) Front Dog bone fits fine, just not the rear? Maybe not assembled right The spool uses spacers. If aftermarket spool, maybe the issue. How old is your Lim.? Looks like we are talking about your Lim?

Edit:
You might have the spool installed Backwards, Try reorienting it. Do you have pictures of the chassis to post??? There are 2 red spool shims . One smaller than the other. The wider one faces the rear. That may be the 10mm you are trying to gain???
Need pictures and more info. Is all stock parts?
Are you using the stock motor position (Left side), or did you move it to the right hand side.

Last edited:
Hmm......

Are we taking about all stock parts, spool and dog bones. Arrma has not changed out the specs whether spool or diff. I have both an Infr.( diff) and a Lim(spool) Front Dog bone fits fine, just not the rear? Maybe not assembled right The spool uses spacers. If aftermarket spool, maybe the issue. How old is your Lim.? Looks like we are talking about your Lim?

Edit:
You might have the spool installed Backwards, Try reorienting it. Do you have pictures of the chassis to post??? There are 2 red spool shims . One smaller than the other. The wider one faces the rear. That may be the 10mm you are trying to gain???
Are you using the stock motor position (Left side), or did you move it to the right hand side.

Hmm......

Edit:
Motor's on the right. Nothing is stock besides fr/rear diff bc my new spool set-up is too short. I'm sure everything's in it properly. Spool is too short. @ least 10mm.

What brand spool is it? Maybe there is a shimming/spacer issue. You are gaining too much space for the 168mm shaft. Which hasn't changed. Have you measured the dog bone you have at 168mm? Is the spool specific for this chassis?

The only longer one I've seen is 170mm: https://www.ebay.com/itm/45-steel-r...ft-avoid-vibration-for-1-7-Arrma/203004505663

Can you get the factory spool shaft and install the rest of the new spool components on there? Or maybe add some spacers so that the drive cups are further out to buy you a few more mm?
I have that same 170mm shaft also. It fits in the stock setup with less pin slack in the drive cups snug to avoid vibration.
However, it seems the OP has way more than 2mm slack and DB falls out. He said 10-15mm of too much slack.:eek:
I agree, try fitting the stock spool back in. Or measure out the stock spool against the Upgrade spool.
My question is if the rear DB is too short now, is the front DB too long????
Got me? IDK. ?‍♂️
:cool:

The only longer one I've seen is 170mm: https://www.ebay.com/itm/45-steel-r...ft-avoid-vibration-for-1-7-Arrma/203004505663

Can you get the factory spool shaft and install the rest of the new spool components on there? Or maybe add some spacers so that the drive cups are further out to buy you a few more mm?

I have that same 170mm shaft also. It fits in the stock setup with less pin slack in the drive cups snug to avoid vibration.
However, it seems the OP has way more than 2mm slack and DB falls out. He said 10-15mm of too much slack.:eek:
I agree, try fitting the stock spool back in. Or measure out the stock spool against the Upgrade spool.
My question is if the rear DB is too short now, is the front DB too long????
Got me? IDK. ?‍♂️
:cool:
Currently running stock spool. Looks like I'm gonna have buy a whole new setup on the smaller bore shaft.
Stock on top. Simplest remedy would be to replace shaft/gear in hindsight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-231035.png
    Screenshot_20201205-231035.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Its a shame because that upgrade spool is hardcore beefcake. (y)?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back