Kraton Look over a few small upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Hi folks and Happy New Year!

I recently purchased and added (not completed yet) some front and rear RPM arms, EXB shock towers and did a little maintenance. Since this is my first full disassemble/reassemble on a 1/8 scale RC, would anyone be willing to to have a look over the pics of the rear and inform me on anything that may look odd? Since the arms and tower are new, I wasn’t sure if I was reassembling properly (i.e. bolts, shocks, shafts, etc are in the right holes). Before I move on to the front, can Ya’s give me a yah/nah? I’d appreciate it.
FC730D29-A047-402D-BFC8-A38AA56B1713.jpeg
79989F6A-EB78-4BE1-85C3-80CC0159F015.jpeg
99B86C63-E70D-49B1-9CFA-F41503518802.jpeg
93BFEDCD-CEBA-467E-9C84-D5D8A7C6AC1B.jpeg

Droop screws look “upside down” to me. The button head portion of the screw should be the part touching the chassis ears.
I was wondering about the droop screws and initially had them screwed underneath. I moved them up top because even if they’re screwed in flush, the arms don’t “droop” whatsoever. This seemed odd to me as I couldn’t even mount the shocks onto the arms with the droop screws underneath. I did notice they use 3-4 washers. Is this normal?

I was wondering about the droop screws and initially had them screwed underneath. I moved them up top because even if they’re screwed in flush, the arms don’t “droop” whatsoever. This seemed odd to me as I couldn’t even mount the shocks onto the arms with the droop screws underneath. I did notice they use 3-4 washers. Is this normal?
They come from factory with the shims. I think it's just so on the production line they can quickly set an approximately correct droop.

When you say you couldn't mount the shock to the arm, what do you mean? As in you can't mount it without compressing the shock? If so, that is normal. The droop screw is there to stop the shock bottoming fully out so it needs to be compressed to fit

Just out of curiosity - did you get the Arms for the V5/EXB Kraton (SKU: 81722) and not the V4 and earlier Kraton (SKU: 81402)? The geometries are slightly different and I think the droop screw locations are also slightly different between the two.

They come from factory with the shims. I think it's just so on the production line they can quickly set an approximately correct droop.

When you say you couldn't mount the shock to the arm, what do you mean? As in you can't mount it without compressing the shock? If so, that is normal. The droop screw is there to stop the shock bottoming fully out so it needs to be compressed to fit
Makes sense. I wasn’t compressing them. I’ll replace the droop screws and then compress/mount. Thanks again man!
Just out of curiosity - did you get the Arms for the V5/EXB Kraton (SKU: 81722) and not the V4 and earlier Kraton (SKU: 81402)? The geometries are slightly different and I think the droop screw locations are also slightly different between the two.
Yes, these are the V5 arms. How I know is I accidentally ordered the V4 arms and found out the hard way. 🤦🏻‍♂️
If those are the stock droop screws, they are a pain to get adjusted properly. Do yourself a favor and buy droop screws that have a hex in the threaded part of the screw so you can adjust them from the top of the chassis. These are the ones I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/TEKNO-TKR1238-Droop-Adjustment-M4x10mm/dp/B00TKHWXC2
Ordered! Thank you!

If those are the stock droop screws, they are a pain to get adjusted properly. Do yourself a favor and buy droop screws that have a hex in the threaded part of the screw so you can adjust them from the top of the chassis. These are the ones I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/TEKNO-TKR1238-Droop-Adjustment-M4x10mm/dp/B00TKHWXC2
you say this because of access alone? Just curious. At least on the EXB you can simply pull the shock pin, lift the arm fully and access the screw easily enough. Need to pull that pin either way to get the adjustment right so it hasn't bothered me much. That being said, when you can get them from the top that's even easier yet. just wondering if there was more to your comment for me to possibly justify $10 quid for screws...im cheap:)

you say this because of access alone? Just curious. At least on the EXB you can simply pull the shock pin, lift the arm fully and access the screw easily enough. Need to pull that pin either way to get the adjustment right so it hasn't bothered me much. That being said, when you can get them from the top that's even easier yet. just wondering if there was more to your comment for me to possibly justify $10 quid for screws...im cheap:)
My suggestion was merely for ease of adjustment. Arrma went cheap when they designed the droop screws: it might have saved them a few cents in production, but it made it difficult for users to adjust the droop without taking things apart. And the more you take things apart, the more chance you have of experiencing wear on the parts involved.

The droop screws on my Corally Radix6 and Muraco are both easily adjustable from the top.

Thanks for the replies.

Is it good or not to spray RCs with silicone like wd40 silicone spray? I’ve read mixed reviews.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back