Typhon Looking at buying a v1..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironhead79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Found this v1 for a lil over 300. I have a blx185 to swap in. Opinions...

Attachments

• 00O0O_kkrWwD6YVTm_600x450.jpg
    00O0O_kkrWwD6YVTm_600x450.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 00q0q_AfNwEAok3p_600x450.jpg
    00q0q_AfNwEAok3p_600x450.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 00m0m_1SuqGMx7c4Y_600x450.jpg
    00m0m_1SuqGMx7c4Y_600x450.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 49
Looks clean!

But you could buy a V1 new for about $375 all day, and they often went on sale for around $300. I'd offer $250 max for it as a package, maybe try for $200. The BLX180 system is a negative, but it can be sent into HH and swapped for a BLX185.

For the Lipos, I've gotten too many puffed lipos in packages like this, so I value them at $0, unless I can inspect before hand. Charger - what is that? If it is a generic 50w 5a charger, again value is close to $0. Name brand, or a better power, and it could add value to the deal.

As a price point to consider, a few weeks ago, there were some new V3 rollers on ebay for about $225. So take that into consideration too.

It does look like it got a fresh cleaning!

Just like most times, I agree with @Jerry-rigged that it seems overpriced in my opinion. I got my V2 Typhon, brand new from Tower when it was on sale and with a coupon for around $325. Granted that was two years ago and they don't have sales really anymore and you can't use coupons on the new ones, but it makes me think that it's overpriced. If it was modded with Voltage towers, Tekno shocks, servo mount and aftermarket rims and tires, ok but it looks 100% stock.

My first lipo car I bought came used with 4 lipos. After 30 days, those lipos were junk so I would not consider the lipo in the amount.

If you already have the BLX 185 motor and ESC to put in, I think I would go the roller approach that Jerry pointed out.

Looks clean!

But you could buy a V1 new for about $375 all day, and they often went on sale for around $300. I'd offer $250 max for it as a package, maybe try for $200. The BLX180 system is a negative, but it can be sent into HH and swapped for a BLX185.

For the Lipos, I've gotten too many puffed lipos in packages like this, so I value them at $0, unless I can inspect before hand. Charger - what is that? If it is a generic 50w 5a charger, again value is close to $0. Name brand, or a better power, and it could add value to the deal.

As a price point to consider, a few weeks ago, there were some new V3 rollers on ebay for about $225. So take that into consideration too.
It does look like it got a fresh cleaning!

Just like most times, I agree with @Jerry-rigged that it seems overpriced in my opinion. I got my V2 Typhon, brand new from Tower when it was on sale and with a coupon for around $325. Granted that was two years ago and they don't have sales really anymore and you can't use coupons on the new ones, but it makes me think that it's overpriced. If it was modded with Voltage towers, Tekno shocks, servo mount and aftermarket rims and tires, ok but it looks 100% stock.

My first lipo car I bought came used with 4 lipos. After 30 days, those lipos were junk so I would not consider the lipo in the amount.

If you already have the BLX 185 motor and ESC to put in, I think I would go the roller approach that Jerry pointed out.

I have my V2 Outcast for sale in the classifieds. Would you guys do me a favor and read through it and let me know what I should be asking for? If you have the time. It has some upgrades and a bunch of extra parts to go with it. I'm currently asking $450 and I'll pay the shipping if they live on the east coast. Not sure if I'm way off on the price. I won't be offended by what you think it's worth. Haha I'm just hurting for cash and need to get rid of it.

Upgrades are never worth what you hope they are... :( But I feel your truck is probably priced about where I would try to sell it. If it does not move in a week or three, drop the price by $20-$50, till it sells. And last time I had an RC shipped, it was (I think) $40 for a Kraton and a Talion, from FL to TX. So your $35 shipping budget is pretty close to right too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back