Senton Looking at dx truck, Senton opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockon22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Senton 3s
Hi arma community. Looking at adding a short coarse truck to my addiction. Of coarse the senton on my mind.

Hi arma community. Looking at adding a short coarse truck to my addiction. Of coarse the senton on my mind.

Or go Hardcore and get the Mojave 6S Fireteam 6S!

Look at my post below.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but short course trucks are my least favorite because of the parachuting bodies and debris being trapped inside. That being said, if I wanted an Arrma SCT, I’d stretch for the Mojave.

Actually since the Fireteam 6S (snow white version on amazon forest com) is just $399 , I'd highly suggest you get this one.
YOU will Not be disappointed.
Thank me later.

Hurry up before you miss the sale!!

You can ALWAYS put a SCT body on it ,at anytime.

Can't go wrong with either the Senton or the Mojave. If you go Senton I'd do a 6S version even though Arrma discontinued them. It's not difficult to turn a Typhon into a Senton as all you need are the Senton shock towers and body supports. The Senton has shorter arms than the Typhon but not by much and the difference is probably not an issue. There's a thread on here where a guy turned a TLR Typhon into a Senton and there's also a YouTube video. I'm becoming a fan of the SWB because of less drive train issues, easier to work on and they're tough as nails. The Mojave is a monster though and you can't go wrong with that one either. I'm not a fan of LSD diffs as the open ones do just fine IMHO. The extra size on the Mojave lets you fit just about any motor size you want so it's more flexible in that regard and it can handle 8S if you really wanna push it.
I bought a used Senton from my LHS and fell in love with it...so much so that I'm trying to build an 8S Senton now which is almost done. I beat the one I bought pretty good and it handled all of it. SCTs do tip over quite a bit due to the short arms but with all the body reinforcement it bounces around and takes the tumbles. I raced a guy with it and after I smoked him a couple of times he tried to crash into me. All it did was flip and tumble a few times (on hard concrete) and landed on the roof. He asked "did my pinion slip?" or "is it broken?". I was like nah homie...went and flipped it back over then smoked him two more times before he gave up. A regular Typhon might have been toast after the crash but my Senton held up and was ready for more. I'm now a SCT convert...I was a Talion guy!! LOL

Last edited:
Thanks, great information.
I have just got 4 friends of mine into the hobby and they bought sct. Just wanted to run with them, learn myself and build up from there. Very lucky as I live near RC Madness in N CT. With 9 tracks and 2 indoor winter availible tracks.

I have both, I like both. The scorched fenders are very helpful for reducing debris accumulation. Since you want to, as you say, run with your friends, I guess you may want to look into getting something that is the same size that they have......

If you plan on dedicating yourself to the courses that you have indicated that are very nearby to where he live, you may want to watch what others use on the surfaces and why they use what they have.

You would not lose by choosing either, but, between the two for what I do, the Mojave is the animal for me.

Can't go wrong with either the Senton or the Mojave. If you go Senton I'd do a 6S version even though Arrma discontinued them. It's not difficult to turn a Typhon into a Senton as all you need are the Senton shock towers and body supports. The Senton has shorter arms than the Typhon but not by much and the difference is probably not an issue. There's a thread on here where a guy turned a TLR Typhon into a Senton and there's also a YouTube video. I'm becoming a fan of the SWB because of less drive train issues, easier to work on and they're tough as nails. The Mojave is a monster though and you can't go wrong with that one either. I'm not a fan of LSD diffs as the open ones do just fine IMHO. The extra size on the Mojave lets you fit just about any motor size you want so it's more flexible in that regard and it can handle 8S if you really wanna push it.
I bought a used Senton from my LHS and fell in love with it...so much so that I'm trying to build an 8S Senton now which is almost done. I beat the one I bought pretty good and it handled all of it. SCTs do tip over quite a bit due to the short arms but with all the body reinforcement it bounces around and takes the tumbles. I raced a guy with it and after I smoked him a couple of times he tried to crash into me. All it did was flip and tumble a few times (on hard concrete) and landed on the roof. He asked "did my pinion slip?" or "is it broken?". I was like nah homie...went and flipped it back over then smoked him two more times before he gave up. A regular Typhon might have been toast after the crash but my Senton held up and was ready for more. I'm now a SCT convert...I was a Talion guy!! LOL
I guess that would be me , yes , I turned a TLR Typhon into a Senton 6s . It is a bad azz combination , you get the Senton 6s look with buggy handling !!! As said , the Typhon has wider arms , sway bars , longer shocks for more suspension travel , etc . Love the truck , so glad I did it !!!! Not hard .
Thanks, great information.
I have just got 4 friends of mine into the hobby and they bought sct. Just wanted to run with them, learn myself and build up from there. Very lucky as I live near RC Madness in N CT. With 9 tracks and 2 indoor winter availible tracks.
That is my LHS I go to , that's where I race my SCT's . What did your friends buy for SCT's ? Outdoor bashers or race kits ?

Thanks everyone, great information
One friend bought 2 sentindo. Brushed for Don brushless for himself. I ordered a Redcat blackout about a month ago for a friend I have been trying to get into the sport. He use to drive street stock race cars back in the day. Gave it too him told him pay me whenever. Got him hooked now we talk Rc all the time.
Spell checks f”;$@:ed
Senton I meant
My experience has been with helicopters and drone. I have my recreational license to fly.
A lot of rules on that now. I have some crawlers now and bought a mini T 2.0 about 2 years ago l like a lot. Just got the big rock begining of summer. Like it a lot. So trying to help put the smile on other folks faces, ha!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back