Looking at multiple models on one transmitter, affordably

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I have 5 models, each came rtr. Its great for when family visits, but would like to trim the herd on transmitters for myself.

After searching, is Radiolink the brand to use, and adding receivers to each model the best route?

I just bought I dx5c, it is a nice transmitter. I like the programable parts on it. IDK what receivers you have, but if you have a lot of spektrum receivers, I would recommend a dx5c.

I just bought I dx5c, it is a nice transmitter. I like the programable parts on it. IDK what receivers you have, but if you have a lot of spektrum receivers, I would recommend a dx5c.
Thank you, all the receivers are Tactic

I currently have 6 vehicles on my Radiolink RC6GS V2, and I expect I will have more to come. The Radiolink 6 channel receivers are some of the least expensive around - under $20 each for receivers with a gyro, and under $17 for receivers without a gyro. Sometimes you can get two receivers for under $35.

Many times I won't even use the radio that comes with a new RC vehicle other than making sure it works from the factory. I order a Radiolink receiver at the same time I order the vehicle so I have the new receiver when the vehicle arrives.

The dumbo is not really what people would consider multi model.

I’ve got every single radio under $300. For cheap, I like the Flysky FSG7P or FSGT5. The radiolinks aren’t that bad, but control-wise the Flyskys are better.

I'll go 3rd on the RadioLink RC6GS or RC4GS. I like the incredible unmatched range it offers for speed running. Additional Rx's are inexpensive also. FWIW, the RC6GS comes with 2 Rx's out the box when I got mine.
But @razorrc has much experience with all these radios.(y) Check out his videos.

With any brand you need to match the receiver to the transmitter. So budget for a receiver for each car.

Radiolink is a good choice, there is also Flysky. RadioLink has more range and toggle swtiches. Flysky is easier to use.

You might want to check what buttons, nobs and switches are available and how you would assign them. For instance I have a TRX4 with F/R locker and 2-speed trans. The lockers use another channel on a 3-pos switch and the trans uses a 2-pos switch. I can hook them up to dials on the Flysky, but it's weird. In that case the RadioLink would be a better choice because it has two 3-pos switches.

With any brand you need to match the receiver to the transmitter. So budget for a receiver for each car.

Radiolink is a good choice, there is also Flysky. RadioLink has more range and toggle swtiches. Flysky is easier to use.

You might want to check what buttons, nobs and switches are available and how you would assign them. For instance I have a TRX4 with F/R locker and 2-speed trans. The lockers use another channel on a 3-pos switch and the trans uses a 2-pos switch. I can hook them up to dials on the Flysky, but it's weird. In that case the RadioLink would be a better choice because it has two 3-pos switches.
^^^If you ever get into crawling you might want the Radiolink over the flysky. Channel buttons are better for controlling winches, transmissions and dig units...I like both, the flysky feels a little nicer in the hand but the radiolink has the switches mentioned above, better range and cheaper receivers.
Check out @razorrc youtube channel and you’ll see a comparison on these two radios. Might be a year or so back in his videos but it’s worth looking for.
Here it is...

Pretty much across the range, Radiolink has more range and features, Flysky has better control. For crawling, definitely the Radiolink.

I have a Flysky with all my cars on it, love it, easy to set up and use
All well featured Radio's will have a learning curve to them. They all become easy to operate and dial in. I find them pretty much all have the same ease learning wise. Best to consider the price and availability of Rx's and specific features that you will really need. Like If speed running, for instance the RC6Gs is hands down the best in class and pricepoint. So if you only have short range bashers considered for your radio, down the road you may want a Limitless or other speed runner. The RC6GS will have the range there already. Radio link also supports their F/W update revisions well. Adding new features as they develope. Also you will need a new radio for your Limitless if you have a short range radio. 1300 feet + range is a prerequisite for speed runners. Need to future proof your radio investment. It's a multi model radio. Consider that it will be used for many different types of models down the road. Food for thought.
Then there are always the $High$ end Futaba 10PX radios, for those with Deep Pockets.:LOL:

I currently use the DX5C, RC6GS and Noble NB4 among all my 18 models.
DX5C is horrible IMHO.

Last edited:
Team Futaba here.
Been using their radio gear since forever and currently use a 3PV for all my vehicles (except TRX4 and TRX4M).
I believe it has memory for 10 models.

Additional receivers are around $40-$45 each.

Team Futaba here.
Been using their radio gear since forever and currently use a 3PV for all my vehicles (except TRX4 and TRX4M).
I believe it has memory for 10 models.

Additional receivers are around $40-$45 each.
There are some good prices on the Futaba transmitters with less channels. If you only need steering and gearing, this will work. But it is really limiting only have 3 channels, because eventually you will want other stuff on there.

1670804739964.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back