Looking at the Senton 3s and Big Rock, but plastic ring gears?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
How do those hold up? Seems pretty sketchy. I haven't seen metal upgraded gear and diff housings.

How do those hold up? Seems pretty sketchy. I haven't seen metal upgraded gear and diff housings.
Welcome to the forum!
I have 2 trucks from the 3s lineup, and love them! The plastic seems to do just fine. The only one I lost was in a wreck trying to recover while crashing off a snow bank and ended up landing under full throttle. I blew a few teeth off the front diff.

Thanks for the reponse. I haven't owned this brand yet, so its good go get the feedback on some concerns I have

Thanks for the reponse. I haven't owned this brand yet, so its good go get the feedback on some concerns I have
Ask away! You'll find all the info you need here and most often from an honest perspective. Nobody gets kicked because they talk about how their Arrma vehicle broke.

I've got a Senton 3s, and I've put the thing through hell and possibly worse. The only thing in the drive-train that's gone out was the steering hub. That was due to smacking a t-post right in between the A-arm and the tire. I'm still shocked that I haven't blown any teeth from the diffs yet, matter of fact even my spur gear!

My motor starting going out, guessing the motor bearing came out and pretty much killed the motor over time, I decided to send it 'till death, and it came to a point where the motor shaft had so much play, that it would slip the spur gear. The motor finally quit, called up horizon and they sent my a free motor replacement (idk how I get away with this lol) and the spur gear is magically still holding up.

I'm happy with my Senton, for what I put it through, I should've killed it multiple times.

The list of what I've had to replace due to abuse -
1x stock dboots tire (who lays broken glass shards on the ground? sheesh.)
3x steering hubs (hubs all trashed because I used a hex that was too wide)
2x rear hubs
2x sets of drive-train bearings (bearings trashed and locked up due to friction heat from hex nuts that were too wide)
3x bfg baja kr2 tires (stupid wide hex nuts slipped the inner wheel and trashed 1, and overtime with the correct ones, trashed those as well.)
1x senton body (skatepark incident)
1x blx 100 esc (horizon didn't have it in stock, so they gave me propitiatory credit if I bought my own instead. so I got a castle sw4)
1x blx3666 3200kv motor (on the phone for only a minute and they shipped me one)
1x steering servo (died at the same time as the esc, horizon agreed to let me buy my own and give credit for it. got a savox 0230mg)
2x front shocks (another happy landing)
1x front bumper (I should just replace it, but I decided to just jb-weld it constantly, using the 5020psi rating epoxy)

im so darn addicted to this hobby that I would be homeless and still have 13 different rc cars each worth $300-600 that i'd haul around with a walmart cart

im so darn addicted to this hobby that I would be homeless and still have 13 different rc cars each worth $300-600 that i'd haul around with a walmart cart
You would be the only normal person at walmart. I salute you my friend

I've got a Senton 3s, and I've put the thing through hell and possibly worse. The only thing in the drive-train that's gone out was the steering hub. That was due to smacking a t-post right in between the A-arm and the tire. I'm still shocked that I haven't blown any teeth from the diffs yet, matter of fact even my spur gear!

My motor starting going out, guessing the motor bearing came out and pretty much killed the motor over time, I decided to send it 'till death, and it came to a point where the motor shaft had so much play, that it would slip the spur gear. The motor finally quit, called up horizon and they sent my a free motor replacement (idk how I get away with this lol) and the spur gear is magically still holding up.

I'm happy with my Senton, for what I put it through, I should've killed it multiple times.

The list of what I've had to replace due to abuse -
1x stock dboots tire (who lays broken glass shards on the ground? sheesh.)
3x steering hubs (hubs all trashed because I used a hex that was too wide)
2x rear hubs
2x sets of drive-train bearings (bearings trashed and locked up due to friction heat from hex nuts that were too wide)
3x bfg baja kr2 tires (stupid wide hex nuts slipped the inner wheel and trashed 1, and overtime with the correct ones, trashed those as well.)
1x senton body (skatepark incident)
1x blx 100 esc (horizon didn't have it in stock, so they gave me propitiatory credit if I bought my own instead. so I got a castle sw4)
1x blx3666 3200kv motor (on the phone for only a minute and they shipped me one)
1x steering servo (died at the same time as the esc, horizon agreed to let me buy my own and give credit for it. got a savox 0230mg)
2x front shocks (another happy landing)
1x front bumper (I should just replace it, but I decided to just jb-weld it constantly, using the 5020psi rating epoxy)

Interesting, you were able to get those parts for free. On my Arrma Typhon blx 3s when I went to change the pinion gear one of the motor mount screws snapped on me. Do you think it possible for me to a get a new brushless motor from them if I call and spoke with them concerning my issue? I was going to put a 20 tooth pinion on it for speed.
I think its pretty cool you were able to get the parts replaced for free.

Interesting, you were able to get those parts for free. On my Arrma Typhon blx 3s when I went to change the pinion gear one of the motor mount screws snapped on me. Do you think it possible for me to a get a new brushless motor from them if I call and spoke with them concerning my issue? I was going to put a 20 tooth pinion on it for speed.
Never hurts to talk to folks and see what they'll be willing to do to help you out. I'd casually mention my commitment to Arrma etc. I've yet to make a claim to any manufacturer besides Redcat and was sent an ESC for my disappointing esc exp.
I would contact though if it seemed out of the ordinary or a fair replacement was in order.

Usually the warranty only covers electronics, but it wouldn't hurt to just talk to them about it and see if anything can be done. Since the motor still runs fine supposedly, and it's just something that occurred due to user modification, they may not cover it. But it's worth a shot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back