Looking for 4 game changer fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy21792

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
I'm looking to put 3 gcrc fans on my motor and 1 on my ecs I don't get on Facebook anyone know of a link where 8 can buy these it for a 8s infraction

Wow, what a collossal waste of money but not judging! 🤦‍♂️

Do a little research and buy these fans for $15ea on digikey or anywhere else.
You will need to be able to do some very simple soldering, but at 8x$50 it might be worth learning.

FYI, they way they are mounted by default wastes roughly 60% of what they could do and you can get away with 1 mounted correctly on the motor.
Make sure you have roughly 0.5-3/4 inch gap between any surface and fan exhaust. Otherwise, the fan is fighting itself. Hence, many mount 2 as they do not understand aerodynamics.

Last advice, these will not hold up to bashing i.e. jumping etc, they will break. Ok for speedruns but almost everyone moved to 'no fans' and add them for cool down only, after the run.

You are correct, you will need to have a facebook account for purchase.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/game-changer-fans.29220/

Last edited:
I just ordered a bunch of these. They sound like jet engines and move a ton of air. They need a bit of wiring done but work well on my K8s

Screenshot_20210809-132400_AliExpress.jpg

Yeah their not really meant for bashing but I figure they're so cheap they're disposable.

I bought 5 to start and am still on the first two. Mind you I don't really get to release the K8s very often.

If you go DIY, I recommend these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/108-THA0412BN

Not the highest output but the aluminum housing holds up WAY better than plastic for bashing. You will also need some shrink wrap and a connector. Really I don't think the price of Game Changer fans are insane after you consider the little extras and labor. If you're handy you can definitely save some money. Also a good skill to build in this hobby.

You should try do DIY it, save a ton of money. This is what I came up with when I didn't want to cough up a ton of $$$ on fans.

View attachment 162987
Nice work.
If you go DIY, I recommend these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/108-THA0412BN

Not the highest output but the aluminum housing holds up WAY better than plastic for bashing. You will also need some shrink wrap and a connector. Really I don't think the price of Game Changer fans are insane after you consider the little extras and labor. If you're handy you can definitely save some money. Also a good skill to build in this hobby.
Llolol. 34 week lead time. No thanks
D..I..Y.. more personal satisfaction.

I had contra-rotating fans at one point. Each fan had 2 in them, spinning opposite directions.

Attachments

• 20200927_093630.jpg
    20200927_093630.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200927_093727.jpg
    20200927_093727.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210801_155019.jpg
    20210801_155019.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 86
Nice work.

Llolol. 34 week lead time. No thanks
D..I..Y.. more personal satisfaction.

I had contra-rotating fans at one point. Each fan had 2 in them, spinning opposite directions.

Stock:​

522 Can Ship Immediately

I guess if you need more than 522 of them you'll have to wait 32 weeks...

Keep in mind that you can pick any 12V DC fan with comparable cfm, the way they are mounted above is wasting about 30-40% of actual air flow due to back pressure. You can easily pick any fan 20 CFM or higher and you have a great solution that surpasses any gamechanger setup. They are in the 25CFM range if I recall correctly.

newark, digikey or mouser all have stock. If in doubt feel free to ask, yes you will have to do some soldering or buy yourself some adapters. Spending $50 per fan ....well it's your money.

Digikey stock today for alu framed, filtered out the other 20+ plastic versions.

Clipboard01.jpg

PM for a link to powerful fans for cheap. I get them from one person on eBay. Prices are unmatched and he does what ever color tops and wire sleeves.

I have a 40mm and just got a 50mm for my K8 motor heat sink. Run off 3s/4s. No joke

Screenshot_20210805-213140_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-213241_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210805-213216_Chrome.jpg

Keep in mind that you can pick any 12V DC fan with comparable cfm, the way they are mounted above is wasting about 30-40% of actual air flow due to back pressure. You can easily pick any fan 20 CFM or higher and you have a great solution that surpasses any gamechanger setup. They are in the 25CFM range if I recall correctly.

newark, digikey or mouser all have stock. If in doubt feel free to ask, yes you will have to do some soldering or buy yourself some adapters. Spending $50 per fan ....well it's your money.

Digikey stock today for alu framed, filtered out the other 20+ plastic versions.

View attachment 163268
How do you suggest mounting them with an offset from the motor to avoid backflow? P are suggesting not to bash with these but that's when I need them. Running 1650kv and haven't really geared it very high but it gets hot where I live. Lower kv? Preferably do t want to run a fan at all?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back