Kraton looking for a Better ESC Fan (Arrma Kraton V4) to fit inside the Stock ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

East tactics

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Has anyone found a fan upgrade that can handle things better than the stock ESC fan. I'm looking for something with the same dimensions that will still fit inside the Stock BLX185 ESC.
Turns out my current fan (or the surrounding support of the ESC itself), has broken. If I tilt my vehicle on its side, nose down or nose up, the fan snags to a stop. Have to flick it to get the fan going again. I cant blame it for braking, with the beating my rig takes, but it seem to be the next thing in line for an upgrade.
See my video on the topic -
So figured I's ask the masters if they've had any luck with a specific brand, or style (i.e aluminum) fan that not only fits, but is more durable and cools better.
Part numbers or links appreciated.

Thanks!!!

~ East

Last edited:
WTF! Wild Turbo Fans are highly regarded for their durability. Also some Yeah! Racing fans are good (not all), but the stock fan is 35X35x10mm, so any RC fan with those dimensions should work just fine. Mostly, you wanna look at the fans RPM ratings and CFM. A stock Hobbywing fan usually comes in at 10,000 rpm. So any fan that can do that at 6VDC , and around 4-6 CFM.?

NTF.
They r the best at that..
received_190056802288177.jpeg

Search him at FB.
NTF Racing.

Wish this guy had somewhere other than FB to seek him out. Some of us don’t use it.
I agree, I myself am not a huge fan of the Facebook connection process. However… I did find him and I basically managed to find the button to send him a message. Have been speaking with him throughout the day today. He’s very helpful and his fans seem pretty awesome. Haven’t got to the final…ummm “How do I buy them from you part yet. But will update.

I agree, I myself am not a huge fan of the Facebook connection process. However… I did find him and I basically managed to find the button to send him a message. Have been speaking with him throughout the day today. He’s very helpful and his fans seem pretty awesome. Haven’t got to the final…ummm “How do I buy them from you part yet. But will update.

Yeah, I would like to know how to buy from him as well.

Heres what I've found so far, when speaking to him (via FB messenger)
While his fans do sound promising. They're built to run off a stand alone 3s battery at a whopping 12v (and includes the connectors for it). battery not included though. The suckers sound like Jet engines. Seriously powerful and when set up this way provide A TON more cooling than the stock fan.
So... they are not designed to fit inside my ESC and simply replace the little stock fan. Meaning, they're not small enough by any means. (Stock = 35mm x10mm).
Instead he has a custom cover, that replaces the whole plastic ESC cover and retrofits (while holding his fan) right onto the BLX185 (or max6) and it looks pretty solid.
I asked him tho, since I'm not as much interested in the insane (over powered) output or the idea of buying a 3s battery and adding the additional weight to my rig) as much as I am interested in the durability and bash resistance of the fan, if I could still install his fan (with cover) and just plug it into my stock ESC in the same spot my current fan is plugged in instead of powering it up with a 1000-1300 man 3s battery.
He said you could, but it would only run at 6v, which is half the capability of the fan. But still blow as good, if not better the the stock fan.
He would still ship it with the 3s adapter incase down the road, or in the summer, you want to crank it up.
I told him I would like just want to do that so long as it cools my ESC as good as stock, and is physically STRONGER then the stock fan set up.
So.... what does he charge is the question... Well... it's not cheap. Its $60.
Im in the process of debating whether or not I even wasn't to spend that for a fan.
I don't know how to purchase it from him yet, as I haven't asked... but my guess is that he might take Venmo, or something, and get your shipping info.

Oh.. and as an after thought, through this process I learned what a BEC is and that quit frankly... that I want one. With a BEC you could pump your servo's volts up to send way more power to your steering, if you have a servo that can handle it.
The BEC would also change the output to this guys fans from 6v to 7.4... which would mean they would run faster and stronger.
Im posting another topic in the thread regarding BEC's (check into if you want)

hope that helps.
What I was hoping fo find was a Fan that people were raving about that fits inside the stock ESC and is tougher. So if anyone reading this has or knows of one chime in.

Randy

While his fans do sound promising. They're built to run off a stand alone 3s battery at a whopping 12v (and includes the connectors for it). battery not included though. The suckers sound like Jet engines. Seriously powerful and when set up this way provide A TON more cooling than the stock fan.
So... they are not designed to fit inside my ESC and simply replace the little stock fan. Meaning, they're not small enough by any means. (Stock = 35mm x10mm).
Instead he has a custom cover, that replaces the whole plastic ESC cover and retrofits (while holding his fan) right onto the BLX185 (or max6) and it looks pretty solid.
I asked him tho, since I'm not as much interested in the insane (over powered) output or the idea of buying a 3s battery and adding the additional weight to my rig) as much as I am interested in the durability and bash resistance of the fan, if I could still install his fan (with cover) and just plug it into my stock ESC in the same spot my current fan is plugged in instead of powering it up with a 1000-1300 man 3s battery.
He said you could, but it would only run at 6v, which is half the capability of the fan. But still blow as good, if not better the the stock fan.
He would still ship it with the 3s adapter incase down the road, or in the summer, you want to crank it up.
I told him I would like just want to do that so long as it cools my ESC as good as stock, and is physically STRONGER then the stock fan set up.
Im in the process of debating whether or not I even wasn't to spend that for a fan.
I don't know how to purchase it from him yet, as I haven't asked... but my guess is that he might take Venmo, or something, and get your shipping info.

Oh.. and as an after thought, through this process I learned what a BEC is and that quit frankly... that I want one. With a BEC you could pump your servo's volts up to send way more power to your steering, if you have a servo that can handle it.
The BEC would also change the output to this guys fans from 6v to 7.4... which would mean they would run faster and stronger.

hope that helps.
What I was hoping fo find was a Fan that people were raving about that fits inside the stock ESC and is tougher. So if anyone reading this has or knows of one chime in.

Randy

Isn't it 40mm with short cable? Best I can think of https://www.wildturbofan.com/product-page/40mm-ultra-high-speed-motor-cooling-fan

edit: correction, it's apparently 35mm.

hope that helps.

Randy
I was also talking to him last week, got pretty much the exact same answers as you. However I haven’t pulled the trigger yet due to it being $60 and no one here has proven it yet... I too don’t like the idea of running a separate battery just for the fans. Not to mention I jump my trucks Ridiculously High!!! ?

I’m just gonna use the Mr. Duke method for now. Trimming the blades and adding fiberglass screen to my max6. ?

If you get one of the NTF fans plz do share how it holds up.

I was also talking to him last week, got pretty much the exact same answers as you. However I haven’t pulled the trigger yet due to it being $60 and no one here has proven it yet... I too don’t like the idea of running a separate battery just for the fans. Not to mention I jump my trucks Ridiculously High!!! ?

I’m just gonna use the Mr. Duke method for now. Trimming the blades and adding fiberglass screen to my max6. ?

I ordered one..
Will install on my Mojave 1/7... i run on 4s.
Will make some shots of temp. Before and after installation..
I also ordered a fan to the ESC..

Will update...

Yeah… I couldn’t pull the trigger either. Not to mention he sort of stopped responding to my messages on Facebook messenger. So he lost a customer. I just ended up installing a stock fan and it’s been holding up fine. I to put some mesh over my ESC and I’m testing that out now. Dropped a video on it as well on my channel. It’s a heat resistant mash. I am a little worried that well it’s going to stop to brief and getting into my Fan it also may get clogged up from dust. We’ll see.
If I do ever re-open the bag in regards to in NTF, I’ll definitely let you know, and if you’re not already subscribe to my channel it’ll probably land there first. East tactics

For me fans are wear and tear parts like bearings.
When you start doing jumps and backflips slamming the car on the ground, especially on concrete as you do, they will break.
I've put a mesh on the esc which really helps keeping debree out.
The fans are available in bulk from aliexpress, they are dirt cheap.
20 fans for 20 dollars keeps me going for at least 2 years.

Link tot the fans:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32548547932.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d5NcFAR

1588228677887.png

Last edited:
When you start doing jumps and backflips slamming the car on the ground, espacially on concrete as you do, they will break.

Link tot the fans:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32548547932.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d5NcFAR

View attachment 77669

Cheap fan
Pricey servo :)

Yeah… I couldn’t pull the trigger either. Not to mention he sort of stopped responding to my messages on Facebook messenger. So he lost a customer. I just ended up installing a stock fan and it’s been holding up fine. I to put some mesh over my ESC and I’m testing that out now. Dropped a video on it as well on my channel. It’s a heat resistant mash. I am a little worried that well it’s going to stop to brief and getting into my Fan it also may get clogged up from dust. We’ll see.
If I do ever re-open the bag in regards to in NTF, I’ll definitely let you know, and if you’re not already subscribe to my channel it’ll probably land there first. East tactics
I had pretty much the same experience communicating with him via email... ?‍♂️
O well his loss... ?

Ever since using the @Mr.Duke method I haven’t had an issue, or broke a fan blade!!
I strongly believe it’s the best cure for a max6. ?
Before that I couldn’t get through a pack without breaking a fan! ?

When you start doing jumps and backflips slamming the car on the ground, espacially on concrete as you do, they will break.

Link tot the fans:

View attachment 77669
ohhhh!! I really like that metal mesh. Great idea! What are this two brown wires, orange, and yellow wires hooked too? is that an external BEC?
I recently found out about alli express, heard people use it to buy products in bulk (that and Allibaba) to fuel an eBay business. thats an insane deal on those fans! thanks for the tip.

ohhhh!! I really like that metal mesh. Great idea! What are this two brown wires, orange, and yellow wires hooked too? is that an external BEC?
I recently found out about alli express, heard people use it to buy products in bulk (that and Allibaba) to fuel an eBay business. thats an insane deal on those fans! thanks for the tip.
Haha thanks, looks bling right? Here it is: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32899841157.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dUpS4St

It's a splitter on the power output of the esc to power the motor & esc fans.

It's a splitter on the power output of the esc to power the motor & esc fans.
I just realized a couple weeks ago, this was an option! ?
I even called Hobbywing to confirm my idea.. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back