Mojave Looking for a field run truck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal.t

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi people🤘 I’m looking for a truck that I can run on big open grass fields, and can handle taller grass fields if not cut. I only have 1/10 scale rc’s that just hasn’t got the power to rip through grass. Want something that can handle and rips doesn’t have to be arrma. Cheers👍

What kind of batteries do you have that you could use in parallel? Or do you need new batteries anyway?
Would you go 6s or 8s?

What kind of batteries do you have that you could use in parallel? Or do you need new batteries anyway?
Would you go 6s or 8s?
I have 3s battery’s that can be used parallel. I don’t have any 4s battery’s to go 8s but I’d be happy to buy some if a vehicle suits👍

High grass is just going to reduce runtime. With 8s it means at least two sets of batteries to have some decent driving time. Going 6s with the same budget will probably give you double the drive time compared to 8s.
Losi Super Baja Rey (8s) is bigger (more gound clearance) than the Mojave. But it seems the handling of the Mojave 6s is better.
Now how tall is the grass?

High grass is just going to reduce runtime. With 8s it means at least two sets of batteries to have some decent driving time. Going 6s with the same budget will probably give you double the drive time compared to 8s.
Losi Super Baja Rey (8s) is bigger (more gound clearance) than the Mojave. But it seems the handling of the Mojave 6s is better.
I’ll have a look at the Losi. The reason I put Mojave in the title, was because I thought it was probably the best truck arrma does for field ripping, and what most people on here would recommend. High grass for me in the fields nearby, 10inch that’s when they haven’t been cut, will mostly been running on cut grass.

I'd go for the Mojave. Handles superb. You can use existing batteries. And if the grass is too long both cars will overheat anyway.

I'd go for the Mojave. Handles superb. You can use existing batteries. And if the grass is too long both cars will overheat anyway.
Makes more sense for me to go arrma as I know how to work on them. Thanks for you’re info bud much appreciated👍

Batteries I meant serial not parallel, obviously.
I have the Mojave. Real fun.
Have not driven the Baja Rey but it seems the fixed scale axle in RC cars makes it too bouncy.

my buddy just got the super baja Rey after having the Mojave for a year or so and we run on mostly a grass field that has dirt areas as well and I must say the SBR suspension is so plush and moves so good. It soaks up so much little bumps and what not, it's fun to see that big of a baja rippin around but it does seem to roll in turns even easier than the Mojave does. @RC-Dude i would by no means call it bouncy, the rear suspension is so smooth. The SBR would do better in taller grass just because of the size of tires and clearance from ground but I think I would prefer the Mojave in the end

Is this a hay field, a retention pond, open parks, off-season football field? What kind of grass are you talking? thin 10" grass might not be an issue for a lot of RC's, but 10" of hay will stop anything that is not 1:1 from being fun

But, Bigger tire the better I run my 6s Kraton/Outcast in retention pond in dry retention ponds, but if they are overdue on mowing, it gets not fun fast. I can't see a Mojave, with smaller tires & less clearance, working any better. If you really want to run in thick, tall grass, you will need to go very big, like the 8s Kraton/Outcast or Xmaxx.

Is this a hay field, a retention pond, open parks, off-season football field? What kind of grass are you talking? thin 10" grass might not be an issue for a lot of RC's, but 10" of hay will stop anything that is not 1:1 from being fun

But, Bigger tire the better I run my 6s Kraton/Outcast in retention pond in dry retention ponds, but if they are overdue on mowing, it gets not fun fast. I can't see a Mojave, with smaller tires & less clearance, working any better. If you really want to run in thick, tall grass, you will need to go very big, like the 8s Kraton/Outcast or Xmaxx.
Agreed. I have an outcast 8s and she eats tall grass like it's not even there. Meanwhile my k6 would be crying

Just you’re normal green park grass.
Football fields yes👍 Mojave sounds good for what I need. 8s arrma rigs are cool can’t see a outcast 8s handing that well at speeds.

Football fields yes👍 Mojave sounds good for what I need. 8s arrma rigs are cool can’t see a outcast 8s handing that well at speeds.
Normal park grass that is just behind a bit on mowing, yeah, the 6s trucks will handle it fine. But they will get hot, if you gear them for speed.

I have had mine at 60+. She does just fine. Sure not as nimble as the smaller guys but it blew me away how awesome they are for the size and weight. But I think your situation is great for a k6 or even a Mojave with backflip LP tires on it, kind of takes away from the normal Mojave look though

Mojave and FTX DR8 (since you mentioned it doesn't need to be Arrma and you're from the UK). Only needs the alumimium rear end suspension mount as upgrade. And servo if you like, but (almost) all stock RC's are a bit weak.

Mojave and FTX DR8 (since you mentioned it doesn't need to be Arrma and you're from the UK). Only needs the alumimium rear end suspension mount as upgrade. And servo if you like, but (almost) all stock RC's are a bit weak.
Does looks a cool little rig especially for the price. Think it maybe a little small as it’s 200mm shorter than an Mojave. Looking for something bigger than 1/8

Mojave great choice for your first !!! Durable , fast , handles , easy to work on , not to heavy to carry when dead batts , etc , will handle better than a UDR / SBR 2.0 .
I have all 3 of these , each has their own strong point , the SBR 2.0 being largest will cover the fields easier / plusher , SBR and the UDR have that more scale drive / look .
I thought the Mojave was big until I got the SBR 2.0 !!!

IMG_4494.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back