Kraton Looking for a good prebuilt ramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanOrez

Mojave Addicts Anonymous - Founding Member -
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Talion
Just like the title says. I've considered building one with wood but I don't really have the tools for that. Anyone know of a good ramp seller for the 1/8 size? Everything I'm seeing is sold out (T-Bone Racing etc.).

I wanted to buy a ramp as well. The T-bone racing looked like the only decent option. I spoke to a few YouTubers that have it. Sounds like the quality may not be so good. T-bone Racing's customer service is notoriously bad. Which may be fine for a bumper, but I wasn't willing to spend over $200 to have it break and never get a response from T-bone.

So I ended up building one. I didn't have the tools either. You'll need a jigsaw and an electric screwdriver. I was able to get them both for less than $100 on Amazon. I probably should have gotten a stronger screwdriver, but it gets the job done. A Dremel tool or drill will also help. Then you'll need the wood and screws, which do not cost much. Home Depot will do most of the straight cuts for free. You'll spend less than the $250 it takes to buy a decent ramp and still have the tools for future projects.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy a ramp as well. The T-bone racing looked like the only decent option. I spoke to a few YouTubers that have it. Sounds like the quality may not be so good. T-bone Racing's customer service is notoriously bad. Which may be fine for a bumper, but I wasn't willing to spend over $200 to have it break and never get a response from T-bone.

So I ended up building one. I didn't have the tools either. You'll need a jigsaw and an electric screwdriver. I was able to get them both for less than $100 on Amazon. I probably should have gotten a stronger screwdriver, but it gets the job done. A Dremel tool or drill will also help. Then you'll need the wood and screws, which do not cost much. Home Depot will do most of the straight cuts for free. You'll spend less and still have the tools for future projects.

Thanks. I'll start my research on tools. Was hoping to find a portable and light ramp but if quality is an issue I may just be stuck building a somewhat stationary ramp.

You can rent tools at Home Depot. You can also buy cheap tools at Harbor Freight or Menards. You could also “borrow” tools from just about any store. Check their return policies before purchase.

If you are lucky enough to find the older ten eighty plastic ramps they are great. You need four for big air two for medium and they stack together making transport and storage a piece of cake and light weight too. To use four you lay two down and the other two on top of those two slightly ahead depending on how high you want to go. Then yo need to either block them up or temporarily screw them together.

Hmmm. I have a jigsaw, a drill, and a circular saw. Pretty much all that is needed. I bet you have friends or family with those basic tools.

If I build a couple this winter maybe I can sell a few (for cost) to RC peeps in my area. Probably not much of a market but it’s almost as easy to make 2 or 3 as it is to make one. I’ll need to build my prototype first and test it.

Amazon a few options.
Screenshot_20201025-114047_Amazon.jpg

Those are to small I built one with $50 of would that is way bigger and taller.
Build one!! You can build one that is much bigger and less expensive than any pre-made ones. If you need help building one use this video.
Build one!! You can build one that is much bigger and less expensive than any pre-made ones. If you need help building one use this video.

Those are to small I built one with $50 of would that is way bigger and taller.

Great video, thanks for sharing this! I'm sure this will help more folks than just myself. (y)

Look on google for a plastic bike ramp 30.00 bucks from Kohl's of all places and if you need it steeper place something under it.. I have 2 that I built now a days wood is at a premium. Cheaper to buy if you don't have the tools

Thanks. I'll start my research on tools. Was hoping to find a portable and light ramp but if quality is an issue I may just be stuck building a somewhat stationary ramp.
You can try this: https://www.banggood.com/Racing-Hig...-p-1368684.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN I ordered one when it was going for $90, but due to Covid restrictions, shipping was indefinitely delayed and I got a refund. That was a few months ago, maybe you'll have better luck now. I have not found anyone that has it, so I don't know about durability and performance.

For adjustability, I use this:

IMG_0440.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a perfect size ramp Chopik! Well done. Easy to transport as well I’m sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back