Looking for a heatsink for my castle 1717

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avyn Nix

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello again Arrma forum I need some help finding a heatsink/fan setup for my castle 1717. I made a fan mount but wanting a heatsink to mount a fan on to help out more. Have you guys found a solution? I’m all ears.

Heat sinks do little good for a motor with fins: they can trap heat in rather than taking it away from the motor. You are better off using a fan mount without a heat sink.

Additionally, the 1717 runs cool: I have one in my Kraton 6s, and it doesn't get above 128F without a fan in low eighty-degree weather. I put a fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on mount for the hotter days.

Hello again Arrma forum I need some help finding a heatsink/fan setup for my castle 1717. I made a fan mount but wanting a heatsink to mount a fan on to help out more. Have you guys found a solution? I’m all ears.
Heat sinks do little good for a motor with fins: they can trap heat in rather than taking it away from the motor. You are better off using a fan mount without a heat sink.

Additionally, the 1717 runs cool: I have one in my Kraton 6s, and it doesn't get above 128F without a fan in low eighty-degree weather. I put a fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on mount for the hotter days
I live in Arizona we learned long ago heatsinks don’t work. I run dual 40mm fans at 7.4v on my 1717’s and have no problems that’s at 100F+ outside at night!

Additionally, the 1717 runs cool: I have one in my Kraton 6s, and it doesn't get above 128F without a fan in low eighty-degree weather. I put a fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on mount for the hotter days.
Mine is in my kraton 6s, it keeps thermaling at 140f when it’s 50 degrees out without a fan it’s geared 22/46 but when I went to 23/50 gearing it got hotter geared down so I went back to 22/46 gearing and the same thing it thermals at 140f should I just turn the thermal cut off up to 160f and what fan clamp do you use?
I live in Arizona we learned long ago heatsinks don’t work. I run dual 40mm fans at 7.4v on my 1717’s and have no problems that’s at 100F+ outside at night!
What stuff do you use to mount your fans?

Last edited:
Ok cool my temps can get up to 100f+ or as low as 25f to bash in so I’d prefer to use two but that’s just me.
One mount holds 2 fans.
57626226-71FB-4812-9AA3-19BF0841B7F5.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back