Looking for a kit to build...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazanova

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Arrma has gotten me hooked on RC cars. This hobby is so much fun. I have 2 3s cars now, a Granite and a Typhon 3s that I am converting to a Big Rock, but now I really want a kit to build. I have been looking at the Axial SCX10 and the Traxxas TRX4, but I am not really a “crawler” kind of guy, not sure I like going that slow. But I must admit the intricate kits and tons of upgrades are very appealing.

Any suggestions?

-C

You want a basher I am assuming? What is your budget? Crawlers are only fun if you have a place to run them and a lot of patience.

I'm not really into crawlers also, but I tell you boats are fun if you live in a warmer climate and have water near you. You can make some serious power on the water if you throw enough cash and enough voltage / cells at a motor. 8s + is fun.

You want a basher I am assuming? What is your budget? Crawlers are only fun if you have a place to run them and a lot of patience.
I was considering a Felony, but that is RTR... I don’t really need to go that fast either, so bashing or pavement, I could go either way...let’s just say $650 for the budget.

Really depends on what you are looking for. Something scale? The SCX10.2 and 10.3 (although no kit for this one) are great. Something more capable, the Capra fits that bill. Crawlers are a ton of fun and a different experience from bashers and go-fast types. Good to have both, in my opinion but I agree you need a place to run them. A pile of rocks is simple enough though.
I'm not really into crawlers also, but I tell you boats are fun if you live in a warmer climate and have water near you. You can make some serious power on the water if you throw enough cash and enough voltage / cells at a motor. 8s + is fun.
Agreed on the boats! Not a warm climate here but when the lake isn't frozen it sure is fun! :)

That is an excellent suggestion!!!

I do have a house on a lake and was considering the Proboat River Jet 23”, but maybe in a few months when the water warms up a little more.

That is an excellent suggestion!!!

I do have a house on a lake and was considering the Proboat River Jet 23”, but maybe in a few months when the water warms up a little more.
That's a good starter rtr for sure. Next step up 36" range would be for 6s and 48" for 8s. With some trial and error you can run more power in the bigger boats listed though if you wanted. Just upgrade components.

Maybe your LHS can disassemble a RTR for you to make it a 'kit', in exchange for some money or something

Maybe your LHS can disassemble a RTR for you to make it a 'kit', in exchange for some money or something
I guess you are right. I could do this myself and have done it a dozen times to my 3s cars.

Just looking for ideas for something different.

You could also get something else than an RC. One of my friends built a kart like vehicle with a lawn mower engine and a 4 wheeled peddle kart (dutch thing, skelter, you can look it up).

Maybe you could get a small engine and build a vehicle (for example a drift trike)
for it. As long as you have a powerful drill and enough nuts, bolts and metal, it should be possible

You could also get something else than an RC. One of my friends built a kart like vehicle with a lawn mower engine and a 4 wheeled peddle kart (dutch thing, skelter, you can look it up).

Maybe you could get a small engine and build a vehicle (for example a drift trike)
for it. As long as you have a powerful drill and enough nuts, bolts and metal, it should be possible
I am not one for metal fabrication, but that is a creative idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back