Looking for a mechanic in the Bay Area for my Kraton 8s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazspeed

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a mostly stock 8s but I have been buying parts and have pretty much everything I want to make the upgraces to my 8s. I have had very little time recently and don’t have a great place to work on it at my house and eventhou I have a lot of tools, I don’t have the right ones. So my thought is too get someone in the San jose area who knows how to build and rebuild these awesome machines. i bought all kinds of hot racing, vitacon, gmp, and other parts for this thing and was hoping to pay someone whatever they want to rebuild this thing quickly. I hope this is a good forum to post this, if not please move it to the proper area. If you’re interested please let me know, I was hoping to have it done for this weekend but I doubt that is possible. Anyways thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike

A local hobby shop might be your best bet but maybe someone if possible is willing might. You know this hobby comes with a price and as a busy executive, I have to fight for RC time as well in different ways. If you plan to own this rig for a spell and get into this hobby, you are the best person to work on your rig and get a "feel" for it, how you want it to run, and know its pros/cons ups/downs. I know you have some challenge noted above....go for it, you can do this...start small.

The greatest achievement I have with this hobby is when I fix and resolve my own issues...and each challenge helps me to understand the technology and power in these rigs...and I feel that much better master/learn another skillset. If you bash, you WILL have repairs. You will know if the fix feels right or you need to go back and modify/tweak....hard for a 3rd person who is not the owner of it running\bashing it to know what feels right for you.

This is a great place for help and solutions as well...

Best of luck Sir (y)

Hi. Thank you for your response. I appreciate the statement. Problem is, I don’t have time and place really to do this kind of rebuild. I’m 50 years old and my work takes up so much time and when I get home, I just want to relax and play a little if I have the time too. I could do it, but this kind of rebuild should be done by someone who has done many before. I no longer have a work area for such things. I wish I did but at this point I’d rather pay some up and comer some good money to do this for me.
when I was younger I was in battlebots and built Rx-7 race cars, but now I don’t have time for either. But you’re 100 percent right on what I should do, but because of my work schedule and lack of place to do it, it’s just much easier to have someone do it.

Thanks.

Part of the fun is building these things. If you need something to play with maybe buy a second rc 3/4/6s rig and just leave it stock and run it. When you have a little, time pull the k8s out from under the bed and tinker with it. You don’t need many tools, set of decent Allen and nut drivers, a drill with clutch, 2,2.5 and 3mm bits and the whole thing can be apart in mere minutes. K8s is one of the easiest rigs to work on.

Part of the fun is building these things. If you need something to play with maybe buy a second rc 3/4/6s rig and just leave it stock and run it. When you have a little, time pull the k8s out from under the bed and tinker with it. You don’t need many tools, set of decent Allen and nut drivers, a drill with clutch, 2,2.5 and 3mm bits and the whole thing can be apart in mere minutes. K8s is one of the easiest rigs to work on.
Well as I stated before. Time and place to do it is not something I have. I could buy a few different models, but my garage has other toys that take up room and our other rooms in the house is an office for my business so again it’s room that we don’t have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back