SOLD / FOUND Looking for a Monster 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
I shared this with a friend thought it would be good to ask a larger audience...

I own a Granite BLX 4x4 done all mods most do with stance, shocks, radio, servo, etc... I need another 4x4 for my best friend when he visits or others visiting. More fun if we both can RC they just one at a time. I was not totally interested in another Arram but my options are open....again does not have to be Arrma.

What I really wanted was something like Proline AmBush MT 4X4 w/trail cage. The one I have found available is $399 which is $100 overpriced and I do not know anything on electronics with it does not come with...motor, spur, pinion, ESC, servo, etc for the kit bill....might as well let me be a crane operator....too many options and unknowns for me to line that up right still maybe another $200-300 cost for electronics.

WTB another 4x4 not stuck on brand if it fits my level/skill set....not a serious basher I'm more like the YT'er guy JayTee when he is not bashing (which is not his normal style when he does bash)... I only bash small...not big. Don't think the Granite is a stunt truck I am not looking for a stunt truck...don't care about flips.

If you have something that might fit me PM, please

Thx

Last edited:
Looks like the only available roller is the SC version of that chassis. It is the same platform as the Ambush MT. Wow, I see the very high markup. Or is it just price gouging when It goes over Mfr. MSRP? Who knows how long the Ambush and ProMT have been on B/O? PL shows most of the parts available.
The Ambush is nice out the box. 1/8 electrics on 4S. (y)
https://www.prolineracing.com/pro-fusionsc4x4/

Last edited:
I shared this with a friend thought it would be good to ask a larger audience...

I own a Granite BLX 4x4 done all mods most do with stance, shocks, radio, servo, etc... I need another 4x4 for my best friend when he visits or others visiting. More fun if we both can RC they just one at a time. I was not totally interested in another Arram but my options are open....again does not have to be Arrma.

What I really wanted was something like Proline AmBush MT 4X4 w/trail cage. The one I have found available is $399 which is $100 overpriced and I do not know anything on electronics with it does not come with...motor, spur, pinion, ESC, servo, etc for the kit bill....might as well let me be a crane operator....too many options and unknowns for me to line that up right still maybe another $200-300 cost for electronics.

WTB another 4x4 not stuck on brand if it fits my level/skill set....not a serious basher I'm more like the YT'er guy JayTee when he is not bashing (which is not his normal style when he does bash)... I only bash small...not big. Don't think the Granite is a stunt truck I am not looking for a stunt truck...don't care about flips.

Thx
$399 is the normal price. They liquidated inventory last fall at $299 I would assume to bring out a V2. That never happened. ??‍♂️

^^^ Maybe should be cautious about that one? :unsure:
Discounted a year ago. Maybe it wasn't all that popular? Discontinued?
A lot of mfr's sourcing in Pan Asia are closing.
PL sourcing may also be a problem?
My only experience with PL is their Bodies, Tires and Wheels. They are in house US made if i am correct. Their other stuff, like shocks are out sourced last I spoke with a PL rep.
edit: And yes I did buy the PL scaler shocks that leaked from day one. PL couldn't support it. They had no rebuild kits or o rings. They would send me loose stuff not in packages, scavenging around for parts to send me...parts that didn't work. The shocks were introduced just a few months prior. Poorly made.IMHO. They admitted it was one of the few items they outsource. But PL is usually good stuff.

Last edited:
maybe just get a kraton 4s or if you want something more powerful, a kraton 6s. in-between is the typhon 4s. I would personally chose any of these.

Watched Aussie review on the Outcast and Kraton 6S how he put it if I'm not a stunt guy the Kraton is what I want for just running and control...and proven

Outside of the power what would I miss from Kraton 4S to 6S?

6s starts to give you more metal parts, so the car is, in some aspects, more durable. It also has a mid-mounted motor, for, I guess, easier access.
4s tho is a lot lighter, but 6s makes up for it in power.
and of course, 4s is cheaper! :)

Last edited:

Thx
I have a Granite Mega 4x4 [green/black]. It's stock from the box, maybe 15 runs the most. Let me know.

I have a Granite Mega 4x4 [green/black]. It's stock from the box, maybe 15 runs the most. Let me know.

Wow....good option and one I would have said yes. Since they came out with the new Big Rock I pre-ordered that one but thank you for responding....

Wow....good option and one I would have said yes. Since they came out with the new Big Rock I pre-ordered that one but thank you for responding....

Ha, hence the reason why i am selling, I don't want to upgrade the mega granite and simply buy the new big rock too.

Thx
For $320 you can get a mew Big Rock, or any of the 3s line. If you want bigger your gonna have to spend $$...even used bigger cars are not cheap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back