Outcast Looking for a new RC car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just for the record, the grass I plan on running it through is probably around 3'-6" tall or so.

I thought about the talion, but no offense, to me it looks like a beefed up typhon. I doubt I'll be driving on asphalt a lot, so I'm not really looking for speed runs.

I do think the way the kraton performs is pretty sweet, but I've got a couple ramps set up where I'm hoping to do more than just double backflips, so I'm not too sure if the kraton's going to be my cup of tea in that aspect.

Overall, if the Outcast doesn't perform too well at high speeds, I'm not too worried about that, I doubt I'd ever be able to get one up to top speeds where I'm at

But anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts here guys! Once I run over to my local hobby shop (arrma dealer), I'll compare apples to apples in person, and who knows? maybe the owner will let me test the open box units before actual purchase.

i mean standing backflips how cool is that??

Typhon 6s next to Talion. No offense taken.

Talion sails but it appears you want something chunkier.

Outcast ride height is 47mm, same as the Kraton / 2mm taller than the Talion.

Outcast / Noto is fun for sure and I have the most money in it of any truck I own in order to take the abuse and stunts it's designed for. Which is also why I think it's best to have a metal chassis vs plastic on the 4s truck.
If you like standing backflips then by all means, get a short wheelbase and for stunts I'd consider spending the bit extra to have a stronger format, aluminum chassis 6s. Also Voltage Hobbies has your structural upgrades that imo will be necessary if you blast it. Chassis braces, wing mount holder thing, servo mount and eventually shock towers.

Now that I think about it, even though they are around very similar price range, the Talion 6s looks like a beefed up Typhon 6s, and the Kraton 6s looks like a beefed up Talion 6s.

But yeah, I'll look at both the Kraton and Outcast in person when time comes to put a hole in my pocket.

thank ya

They all drive differently, but it comes down to what attracts you in rc, I love racing at heart, I'm not very good at it and I only ever race against other amateurs at a council track. So my bias is towards a car that handles more like a buggy or truggy. The Kraton is the car I use the most because where I live there is no tracks and no one I've found to race with. So I take my Kraton and jump it, bash it, break it. Then I bought a Talion, I still do the same things at the same places it just does it with a bit more finesse. I love my Kraton, but my Talion is my favourite. The thing I'd be asking myself is what are you going to be doing the most of? If you want to do standing backflips all day and triple stunts in the air then the outcast is the one for that, if you want the best general purpose rtr in my opinion then the Kraton(you'll be able to do some amazing stunts with some practice), then the Talion is fast agile and with a tyre charge more than capable of doing some major aerial stunts. Enjoy the process of choosing it's fun.

Here is a video to show you how tough the Talion is

When I was buying my truck, I was torn between the notorious and kraton.

I knew from a driving standpoint that I would prefer the kratons longer wheelbase. But I also much preferred the notorious black body, wheels, and tires.

At that time I picked the notorious because in my head I justified it that it would be cheaper for me to buy a kraton chassis, rear support, and driveshaft then it would to buy the complete kraton and the notorious tires wheels and body.

That being said after owning the notorious and running it on 6S for only a short time, I dislike the extreme unstableness and instability of it. It is pretty much impossible to drive it aggressively and have the front wheel stay on the ground, and if you try to turn quickly break quickly or even while jumping it you were likely to flip it crash it break it.
It is pretty much impossible to drive it aggressively and have the front wheel stay on the ground, and if you try to turn quickly break quickly or even while jumping it you were likely to flip it crash it break it.

I am going to buy the longer wheelbase kraton chassis for it and swap it over.

I have also had horrible luck with the notorious/outcast tires – having three of them come off the front wheels within a couple hours drive time of owning the vehicle.

If you have an open area to run the car in the longer wheelbase is a must in my opinion. Especially if you are running 6S.

Maybe you guys playing around in small parking lots, small yards, or a small skate park are OK with the short wheelbase, especially on 4s or even 6s in those situations as you only get to smack the throttle for a brief moment.

If you have room to run get the lwb.

When I was buying my truck, I was torn between the notorious and kraton.

I knew from a driving standpoint that I would prefer the kratons longer wheelbase. But I also much preferred the notorious black body, wheels, and tires.

At that time I picked the notorious because in my head I justified it that it would be cheaper for me to buy a kraton chassis, rear support, and driveshaft then it would to buy the complete kraton and the notorious tires wheels and body.

That being said after owning the notorious and running it on 6S for only a short time, I dislike the extreme unstableness and instability of it. It is pretty much impossible to drive it aggressively and have the front wheel stay on the ground, and if you try to turn quickly break quickly or even while jumping it you were likely to flip it crash it break it.
It is pretty much impossible to drive it aggressively and have the front wheel stay on the ground, and if you try to turn quickly break quickly or even while jumping it you were likely to flip it crash it break it.

I am going to buy the longer wheelbase kraton chassis for it and swap it over.

I have also had horrible luck with the notorious/outcast tires – having three of them come off the front wheels within a couple hours drive time of owning the vehicle.

If you have an open area to run the car in the longer wheelbase is a must in my opinion. Especially if you are running 6S.

Maybe you guys playing around in small parking lots, small yards, or a small skate park are OK with the short wheelbase, especially on 4s or even 6s in those situations as you only get to smack the throttle for a brief moment.

If you have room to run get the lwb.
Yeah, I don't hold it WOT for long. Usually a long run up to a jump as I increase the throttle, then usually pin it on the face of the jump. Today I was hitting a jump at WOT just to air it out. It does ok when your used to it, but that last 1/4 throttle does take more finesse than I usually have.

I also have the brake set at 50% via the ESC and I limit the EPA on my transmitter to 50%. May explain why I'm nearly incapable of pulling off a front flip as my brakes are pretty soft. However, this allows me to peg the brake in the air to get the nose down without flipping it unexpectedly. So, I forgo the front flips for drive-ability.

Now that I think about it, even though they are around very similar price range, the Talion 6s looks like a beefed up Typhon 6s, and the Kraton 6s looks like a beefed up Talion 6s.

But yeah, I'll look at both the Kraton and Outcast in person when time comes to put a hole in my pocket.

thank ya
So really what you're saying is a Kraton is a beefed up Typhon. I have both and you couldn't be further from the truth. Typhon,Talion and Kraton are all different in looks and the way they drive mate.

So really what you're saying is a Kraton is a beefed up Typhon. I have both and you couldn't be further from the truth. Typhon,Talion and Kraton are all different in looks and the way they drive mate.
Well, that's not quite what I was going for when I made that comment, but now that you mention that, I feel pretty dumb. I'm just gonna take back what I said about the Talion looking like a beefed up Typhon, and leaving the other statement there

I’m sorry but this looks a lot more lower than 2mm
I have trouble telling which one has more clearance, they both seem to be able to clear long grass.
20190517_221739.jpg

Since you have both, please can you share your experience on what are the differences while driving as i am also looking at the Kraton and Talion.....or do you have any videos?
I think of them this way, they both are mostly as tough as each other, the Kraton is a better stunt truck stock, the Talion is the better handling and speed truck stock. Both fly really well, the Talion is more agile and responsive. The Kraton can do nearly anything, but it is not master of one thing.

I have trouble telling which one has more clearance, they both seem to be able to clear long grass.View attachment 38442

I think of them this way, they both are mostly as tough as each other, the Kraton is a better stunt truck stock, the Talion is the better handling and speed truck stock. Both fly really well, the Talion is more agile and responsive. The Kraton can do nearly anything, but it is not master of one thing.
Last paragraph, well said!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back