Looking for basher recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychosam

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hey everyone so I had gotten a senton mega big mistake as I already upgraded it to brushless lol but for what I do with the kid the senton keeps breaking (local dirt bike park) so lots of jumps and what not what would you guys recommend for a good basher even if it’s not arrma lol thank you

I've turned a mega into a 6s... all factory minus the esc and motor. Max8.. and hr spur.. since it's technically the girlfriend's... it never sees more than 4s.. she has hit numerous things and flipped it.. jumped it on small stuff. But it's holding up good enough. But I have heard that the big block and vortex are great. So much that I may pick up one for her as well.. I have a kraton v5 8s. And more than satisfied with it.

my 11yr old is driving my old maxx on 4s and that thing has been all over, motocross tracks, skate parks, desert, and i havnt broken a single thing yet. {knock on wood}

I think it's all personal preference. I have a 3s granite and big rock but they are mainly for the kids. I will use them if my kraton 6s is down, but I don't get near the enjoyment out of the 3s rigs as I do the 6s.

Why is that? I’m on the fence about upgrading.
It a whole different ballgame..... as I watch my wife having fun with her 3S Senton, (and she has a blast), I have always been glad I have my Mojave....

Its 3S on steroids.....many steroids

Mojave or Kraton 6S ....

Why is that? I’m on the fence about upgrading.
I honestly can't pin point it. For me the 3s are kinda boring. Ya I can double/triple back flip the granite, but personally even single backflips with my kraton is more enjoyable. Maybe it's the added power, maybe it's the sound when they land.

Depends on what your budget is. Starting with 3s and up. My picks.
Vorteks
Bigrock
Granite blx
Any of the 4S trucks, Kraton or Outcast, hopefully released soon, maby tomorrow 🤔
6S Kraton, OC, Notorious, Talion
Many choices, depends on what you like or budget.

T brand, Xmaxx or Maxx, both expensive but pretty durable.

So my suggestion would be 3s line- Granite for tons of flips and wheelies, Bigrock for little less flips and wheelies but still solid and fun. 6s- Noto is a beast for big air lots of flips and wheelies all day also stunts like spinning 360's in the dirt at speed and standing backflips, Kraton for long big sends better stability. I have all of the above 😂 and I'd say my favorite for 3s so far is the Granite and 6s the Noto as I love to flip and the stunts and wheelies. Here's some awesome flips with my Granite and if you browse my videos I also have some with the Noto sending it big and flips etc as well as the Kraton, just got the Bigrock so only a shorter bash so far but it's an awesome rig.

I don't think recommending a 6s vehicle is right when psychosam is asking for a more durable vehicle for his kid. The Senton is already one of the most durable vehicles on the market. But if your kid keeps breaking it, the rest of the 3s line will break exactly the same. A 6s vehicle is going to break even more and be more expensive to fix.

I don't own one, but many have said the Traxxas Maxx is the most durable RC out of the box. Beefing up the Senton may be another option. What parts is he breaking?

Typhon 6S is what I would buy as it is very nimble and versatile. The narrow arms break way less than the wider trucks. The stock motor and ESC are plenty powerful. The V5 comes with a good enough radio and servo. The only weakness is the tires will wear very quickly on anything but dirt. I would also put front and rear bumpers on it too.

I don't think recommending a 6s vehicle is right when psychosam is asking for a more durable vehicle for his kid. The Senton is already one of the most durable vehicles on the market. But if your kid keeps breaking it, the rest of the 3s line will break exactly the same. A 6s vehicle is going to break even more and be more expensive to fix.

I don't own one, but many have said the Traxxas Maxx is the most durable RC out of the box. Beefing up the Senton may be another option. What parts is he breaking?
She’s 6 and we got her the granite mega for her bday the senton is mine and so far I have broken front bumper (minor), broken both front and rear shocks aside from the multiple spur gears since I’m still newer to the rc side ( trying to get mesh right) had a nitro way back and broke nothing lol since upgrading to brushless the 3s goes quick enough for the park we go to just can’t keep the thing on 4 wheels and here in Edmonton Alberta Canada unfortunately trying to get parts has been a pain at the lhs I’m always having to wait for parts I don’t have a temp gun yet but know I need to still add a fan to the motor t cool it down

She’s 6 and we got her the granite mega for her bday the senton is mine and so far I have broken front bumper (minor), broken both front and rear shocks aside from the multiple spur gears since I’m still newer to the rc side ( trying to get mesh right) had a nitro way back and broke nothing lol since upgrading to brushless the 3s goes quick enough for the park we go to just can’t keep the thing on 4 wheels and here in Edmonton Alberta Canada unfortunately trying to get parts has been a pain at the lhs I’m always having to wait for parts I don’t have a temp gun yet but know I need to still add a fan to the motor t cool it down
So after a post above, I guess I should have asked if this is for you or for your daughter? I was under the impression it was for you, letting the young one take the Senton. That is why I made the suggestion of 6s Rigs…. Sorry…. My bad

I have heard many many good things about the Typhon…. 6 and 3s….. it doesn’t have quite the ground clearance of other rigs bit close….

I’ve also heard good things about the T brand Max, keep in mind it’s not quite twice the price of arrma 3s vehicles…. Just something to consider

also 6s rigs other than Typhon are bigger longer wider and typically, for the most part have a good blend of power and balance as a vehicle

Last edited:
I know the senton should be good especially for a beginner would upgrading to the proline power stroke shocks be a big improvement if I’m able to avoid buying a new rc for a bit that would be better lol down the road I was looking at both the 6s Kraton or outcast

The 3s shocks break under hard bashing. If you've broken multiple shocks I'd recommend a shock upgrade.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Spur gears can get shredded for multiple reasons.
- A bent motor mount. It bends fairly easily, so if you're bashing hard enough to break shocks, there's a good chance it is. You can bang it out to straighten it. M2C and Custom RC Upgrades offer stronger ones. Arrma is coming out with a stronger one soon.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/new-thicker-motor-plate-from-arrma.40798/#post-561379
- Dirt in the power module. Dirt chews up the spur gear. Cut a hole in the chassis to let dirt out or seal up the power module as described here:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/help-me-upgrade-my-senton-3s-for-sand.20322/post-297587
- Landing jumps when the throttle. You should be neutral when landing jumps. If you're on the gas or brake when landing you stress the slipper and can strip the spur.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back