Typhon Looking for Belted off road/all terain tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a customer from proline for like forever now, (not really, maybe 7 years) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the tires will definitely handle a 20 tooth spur with 6 cell lipo. They really do make good stuff, it's kind of what they built their brand around. On all the MT's I've owned over the years, I've always ran their tires when the stock ones blew out, and despite not being belted (older tires) they never came unglued or blown apart so long I vented them properly. Speaking of venting... can you vent belted tires? Or are they sealed inside?
Hey, i know this is off topic but i was removing my stock Hexes from my typhon and i realized i'm missing about 3 of these "Pins" or i don't know what exactly to call them, but they go on the front upper suspension. Next to my index finger is where they go. The left front upper suspension arm is missing 3 of them. I can't even find a part number or name for them! If anyone can tell me what they are called or where i can buy them, i would really appreciate it.

QRrvCFw.jpg

Can't buy em individually. Use washers from Home Depot is what I did. There's another fix from another manufacturer for a similar clip but washers is the way to go. I learned this here on the forum recently. No sweat.

Can't buy em individually. Use washers from Home Depot is what I did. There's another fix from another manufacturer for a similar clip but washers is the way to go. I learned this here on the forum recently. No sweat.
No wonder I couldn't find them anywhere lol. Thanks so much.

My front left belted Trencher came unglued on the Typhon 6s yesterday. 20t pinion and stock diff fluid partially to blame. Glad I caught it in time because I would've thrown up in the street if I'd ruined another set up expensive Pro-Lines.

My front left belted Trencher came unglued on the Typhon 6s yesterday. 20t pinion and stock diff fluid partially to blame. Glad I caught it in time because I would've thrown up in the street if I'd ruined another set up expensive Pro-Lines.
Oh man that's not good! No worries, on my attempt to install the new Hex adapters that cane in today, 3 were installed easily. My front left Hex screw became stripped. Maybe because I didnt use loctite :/ now I'm waiting for some extractor screws to arrive. Cant believe it's taking so long to get truggified haha!

Oh man that's not good! No worries, on my attempt to install the new Hex adapters that cane in today, 3 were installed easily. My front left Hex screw became stripped. Maybe because I didnt use loctite :/ now I'm waiting for some extractor screws to arrive. Cant believe it's taking so long to get truggified haha!

Good luck getting that last one done so you can blast it!

Man that sucks. I know the stock diff fluid is reallllly light and can diff out super hard but it's kind of not reassuring hearing that one got unglued. I guess it didn't blow apart, so that's a plus.

I e only got to bash my Belted Trenchers for short periods on 4S so far and they seem to be glued well. They don’t really track well on pavement. They seem to dance a little. They may need balanced, but I’m not that concerned as I don’t intend to do speed runs with them. Off road they seem to behave better, or at least the balance issue is masked by the rougher terrain.

I e only got to bash my Belted Trenchers for short periods on 4S so far and they seem to be glued well. They don’t really track well on pavement. They seem to dance a little. They may need balanced, but I’m not that concerned as I don’t intend to do speed runs with them. Off road they seem to behave better, or at least the balance issue is masked by the rougher terrain.
The normal trencher 3.8's needed balanced. All 3 sets of mine have a lot of lead tape in them. Still not nearly as bad as traxxas tires, which is odd considering how much lighter they are, but man are they out of whack!

I ran the Typhon / Trenchers on grass, dust, loose dirt, coarse dirt and gravel driveway, and when I got home I ran on the road.
All run on the TyphonV3, 20t, stock everything, diffs even stock. I will not blame the tires combo rather I'll blame myself for not dealing with diffs. I've ruined way too many sets on this Typhon and I'll 100% blame myself.

So far though, I'm not impressed. No hook-up in the dust at all, too firm for gravel. The road run was short and thats when I noticed the coming unglued. For mud and stuff, maybe they'll do what I want. ....The Typhon is no fun on this setup imo.

I'll reglue and run on the Granite or BRCC from now on. I'm too nervous for 6s anymore but still, I don't blame the wheels and tires for the separating.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back