Kraton Looking for comprehensive teardown vids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacullen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any full teardown vids? And when I day comprehensive, I mean *comprehensive*. I need to do a chassis swap and figured with the upgrades and servicing I need to do, I would also use this as an opportunity to really learn about my vehicle. Therefore, I've pretty much torn it down into single components.

The problem is there are plenty of videos that show different aspects of maintenance, but the challenge is a lot of them are sped up or edited to draw-the-rest-of-the-owl levels. I would really benefit from a single, real-time vid (or series) that details putting a car back together basically from scratch.

I think I've kept things organized enough, but I want to be sure not to miss anything. I'm pretty new to the hobby and would love to learn.

Does anyone know of any full teardown vids? And when I day comprehensive, I mean *comprehensive*. I need to do a chassis swap and figured with the upgrades and servicing I need to do, I would also use this as an opportunity to really learn about my vehicle. Therefore, I've pretty much torn it down into single components.

The problem is there are plenty of videos that show different aspects of maintenance, but the challenge is a lot of them are sped up or edited to draw-the-rest-of-the-owl levels. I would really benefit from a single, real-time vid (or series) that details putting a car back together basically from scratch.

I think I've kept things organized enough, but I want to be sure not to miss anything. I'm pretty new to the hobby and would love to learn.
This would be a nice video to have, but it would be a challenge to make something of this scale. I think there are guys here capable of doing a great video in this respect, but just know this would take a lot of time and planning to pull off. It is a big ask, so if you do find someone willing to put forth this large effort, thank them profusely. ??

Such videos may exist, but I can't really recommend any. I personally believe it is better to learn working on these things "one bite at a time".

You will find videos on Youtube for the re-assembly of pretty much all parts of your truck. With those and the exploded view of your truck, you'll be fine.

I guess I don't have the attention span to watch a 3 hours long technical video that covers everything.

Last edited:
Such videos may exist, but I can't really recommend any. I personally believe it is better to learn working on these things "one bite at a time".

I guess I don't have the attention span to watch a 3 hours long technical video that covers everything.
To answer that issue, you could do time stamps for relevant portions. This would almost be impossible to do in a one shot scenario, so there will be cuts and multiple camera angles needed. The lighting setup adds even more challenges too. It would be at least a few days of shooting plus setup. I’m thinking it would be a full week production at least.

jondilly is on point. B roll footage, A roll footage, cutting, splicing, arranging etc. etc. OMGosh so much goes into making a video. I have to be motivated and have enough time to even make a 5 minute video.

So yes, if anyone ever makes videos that are High Production Value and not just tossed together the video editor deserves the kudos as much as the actors and the director.

There is a short list of guys here that could pull this off in a professional way. I don't want to put undue pressure on any of them, so I won't @ them here. I would say maybe less than five are capable that I am aware of. All are members here. All have large enough channels on YouTube to get traction. But, like I said it would be a big project for any of them. I am sure guys have more time these days due to working from home and all, but that doesn't mean they are really available. Ideally you would start with a brand new, out of the box RC. That way it would look and feel just like the one the guy in need has. You could just do a K6S for example and people who own a Typhon would just have to deal with the differences. I can't imagine many doing one of these videos, let alone one for every single Arrma RC.

One example that is somewhat close to what you are looking for is the live wrenching session by Kevin Talbot.

On this one, he is working on an Outcast, but that should be close enough for you.

Note that I haven't watched it completely, but I expect he mainly does the job and is not spending a lot of time explaining the many details to know about the individual jobs. To get the details, you'll need to refer to several dedicated videos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back