Typhon Looking for GT bodies that will fit the Typhon 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I have been searching online for an 1/8 scale GT body that will fit the Typhon 3S. I think the issue will be the shock tower heights, both front and rear. While I could likely find a creative way to deal with that, I would prefer to just buy a body that fits, if possible. Here are some I have looked at and think they fit width and length wise:

• DELTA PLASTIK 0118 - JAG XRS 1/8 SCALE GT SPEED RUN RC CAR BODY
  • PROTOForm Hyper-SS Clear Body for 1:8 GT
  • Team Titan Blitz GT2 1:8 Scale GT Body 60805
  • Team Titan BLITZ 1/8 GT3 (1.0mm) with Wing 1pcs 60806
  • Kyosho Audi R8 LMS GT2 Body Set
  • Sweep Racing 8th GT Clear Body P2L

I didn't even think there were that many to select from. That's some list.
I wonder what you could put on an Infr. or Limitless 1/7 scale.

you'll have to make quite an adjusments to the shocks to make them short enough, and you'll definitely need to cut the body to let the towers go through... the 6s Typhon would be a much easier conversion, you can just use the Infr. towers and shocks and that's it i think.

you'll have to make quite an adjusments to the shocks to make them short enough, and you'll definitely need to cut the body to let the towers go through... the 6s Typhon would be a much easier conversion, you can just use the Infr. towers and shocks and that's it i think.
Yeah I’ve done similar on the Typhon 6s and have seen a few slammed Granites where they cut the body to expose the towers. I’m thinking I could possibly chop off the top of a tower and 3D print a shock top mount somehow and then buy much smaller shocks. This would be for a speed runner rig, so I don’t need a ton of travel anyways.

Remember that traditional bodies are made from thin materials and will flex/deform when you exceed 80 mph.
There is always methods like adding fiberglass on the inside etc, but either way it will be much easier to run Delta plastics.

Delta plastics offers thicker materials in their speed run series.

Remember that traditional bodies are made from thin materials and will flex/deform when you exceed 80 mph.
There is always methods like adding fiberglass on the inside etc, but either way it will be much easier to run Delta plastics.

Delta plastics offers thicker materials in their speed run series.
So I am pretty set on the Delta Jag body. I guess I need to start thinking paint. I am thinking something bright and easy to see. Maybe an orange overall scheme with some matte black to break it up. It’s not gonna be a shelf queen or win any awards, but I don’t want it to look like poop either.

This was mine many moons ago

slash4x4.JPG

So I ordered the Jag in 4mm ? is that too thick?

So I ordered the Jag in 4mm ? is that too thick?
It has been long enough that I don't recall which one I ordered between the 3mm or 4mm.
@phildogg may be able to advise.

I can tell you they weigh considerably more than a standard RC body.

It has been long enough that I don't recall which one I ordered between the 3mm or 4mm.
@phildogg may be able to advise.

I can tell you they weigh considerably more than a standard RC body.
I think I’m ok with that really. I need it planted. I can make up with some stiffer springs or thicker shock oil if needed.

My number 1 recommendation would be to swap over the Limitless setup, but you can certainly work with the Typhon 6s shocks you have.

The Nero 75mm springs were too much for the front Typhon shocks, but maybe the 65mm would do.
The Nero 75mm did work on the rear typhon shocks.

Limitless / Infraction
35mm 27 lb/in ARA330600
40mm 38 lb/in ARA330599

Nero springs:
Arrma #AR330419
65mm shock spring (2) 503gf/mm 28.1667 lb/in

Arrma #AR330417
75mm shock spring (2) 317gf/mm 17.75 lb/in

Arrma #AR330347
65mm shock spring (2) 420gf/mm 23 lb/in

I run a 2mm jag myself and have no complaints.. My question is what are you using for a shock tower?

I run a 2mm jag myself and have no complaints.. My question is what are you using for a shock tower?
Still running the stock 3S towers but am aware I might have to modify them to get the shocks under the body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back