Vorteks Looking for guide to turn Vorteks into Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubberRolling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a guide on which parts to use for a Vorteks to Granite conversion. I have scoured the internet and Youtube and haven't been able to find a complete guide to make it easier for a beginner to understand parts compatibility etc. If you have come across something like this please post the link!

Thanks in advance

Granite tower, body, shocks, bumper and wheels. That’s about it.
I see so if I order those stock parts for they will just swap right over? Thanks
Why not just buy a granite and leave the vorteks alone? Then you can invite a friend to play.
Just did that actually, received Granite today and realized how much more capable it is off road. My son and I will be bashing together and it seems that the Vorteks gets high centered on things that the Granite barely notices.
Granite tower, body, shocks, bumper and wheels. That’s about it.
Also if you do shock towers do you need to replace the steering arms etc?

Last edited:
I see so if I order those stock parts for they will just swap right over? Thanks

Just did that actually, received Granite today and realized how much more capable it is off road. My son and I will be bashing together and it seems that the Vorteks gets high centered on things that the Granite barely notices.

Also if you do shock towers do you need to replace the steering arms etc?
Both have short arms so all good there. I simply put a granite shock tower on mine so I could run the same shocks front and back. Turned out very nice. Then I put long typhon arms, MX28s and it really rocked. You could just throw on granite tires and it’ll make a big difference.

Both have short arms so all good there. I simply put a granite shock tower on mine so I could run the same shocks front and back. Turned out very nice. Then I put long typhon arms, MX28s and it really rocked. You could just throw on granite tires and it’ll make a big difference.
Ok thanks for the help!

Happy family bashing!

Do keep in mind, if you put on the granite tires, you might also want to gear down the pinion. Vortex’s comes with an 18 and 20. Granite runs a 15t. Don’t want to overheat or prematurely damage the plastic gears.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a guide on which parts to use for a Vorteks to Granite conversion. I have scoured the internet and Youtube and haven't been able to find a complete guide to make it easier for a beginner to understand parts compatibility etc. If you have come across something like this please post the link!

Thanks in advance
Honestly I do not see why you would want to change it. There are so minor differences that it is mostly tires, body and bumper. The tires and body are what make the difference in these two.

Happy family bashing!

Do keep in mind, if you put on the granite tires, you might also want to gear down the pinion. Vortex’s comes with an 18 and 20. Granite runs a 15t. Don’t want to overheat or prematurely damage the plastic gears.
Good point thank you

Good point thank you
The pinion is metal and the stock spur is nylon-plastic. It’s fine. Even with a metal spur it’s fine. When it does wear out a Robinson racing pinion will last the life of the car. Stock 3s granites come with a 15t pinion. You can pretty much go to a 17t before heat issues with the stock motor begin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back