Looking for Hobbywing 4985 Fan Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

904_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey fellers. Any of y'all made a fan mount for a ezrun 4985? Would love to find someone who has.

Yeah, I've read through these and googled everything. And read them all again. ? Someone in one of those says "a very nice forum member printed me one". I don't recall who said it. Was hoping I could find that someone and we makes a deal! Haha

I'm gunna post this one last time cuz it seams like on a daily bases this question is asked. NTF fans on facebook has a great heatsink to use. Msg him and see what he says. A lot of people say to use the xmax fans but they are ugly as piss and puting traxxass parts in an arrma is like putting a chevy motor in a ford it's just wrong.

I'm gunna post this one last time cuz it seams like on a daily bases this question is asked. NTF fans on facebook has a great heatsink to use. Msg him and see what he says. A lot of people say to use the xmax fans but they are ugly as piss and puting traxxass parts in an arrma is like putting a chevy motor in a ford it's just wrong.
Appreciate the info. Agreed, there's no way a traxxas part is going in my EXB, or any other rig I have for that matter. I guess I have to get a facebook account. I hate that thing. Oh well. Thanks man.

Appreciate the info. Agreed, there's no way a traxxas part is going in my EXB, or any other rig I have for that matter. I guess I have to get a facebook account. I hate that thing. Oh well. Thanks man.
I beleive he uses an off the shelf heatsink. He won't say that though. I'm not sure what size it is as mine is now stretched a bit but it was a nice snug snap on the first time I put it on my motor. So I'm assuming he uses a 46-48 mm heatsink as the can is 49mm. You can use a 50mm and pinch it in a vice to close the gap before you mount on the motor but i have no experience doing that.

I beleive he uses an off the shelf heatsink. He won't say that though. I'm not sure what size it is as mine is now stretched a bit but it was a nice snug snap on the first time I put it on my motor. So I'm assuming he uses a 46-48 mm heatsink as the can is 49mm. You can use a 50mm and pinch it in a vice to close the gap before you mount on the motor but i have no experience doing that.
Cool. I've got a powerhobby setup on my older kraton and started to stretch that one but I wasn't happy with the fit around the can afterwards. I've thought about the 50mm route and putting it in a vice. Still searching for what might work best. You mind uploading a pic when you get a chance?

Cool. I've got a powerhobby setup on my older kraton and started to stretch that one but I wasn't happy with the fit around the can afterwards. I've thought about the 50mm route and putting it in a vice. Still searching for what might work best. You mind uploading a pic when you get a chance?
This is it out of my rig my build thread has a pic of it installed. I have to cut a chunk out for it to fit in the right angle and clear the body. The roll cage pins wouldn't let it sit right.

1609551751616148583837.jpg

16095517695151333180737.jpg

16095518410351148297011.jpg

16095518616251668441195.jpg

This is it out of my rig my build thread has a pic of it installed. I have to cut a chunk out for it to fit in the right angle and clear the body. The roll cage pins wouldn't let it sit right.

View attachment 117270

View attachment 117271

View attachment 117272

View attachment 117273
Nice. I didn't make the connection until I saw these pics. I've seen your thread. I'll wait till he's back from vacation and go from there. Auto reply says gone till the 18th. Thanks again!

Turns out that heatsink is for an xmaxx. ? Probably gonna get it anyways and fab my own dual fan mount. Not sure how or with what material yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back