SOLD / FOUND Looking for info on where to buy rollers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
I am looking to see if anyone in central N.Y. knows of anyplace that sells either complete used or roller chassis of the Arrma Senton and Granite. Im going to be doing a bit of traveling from Binghamton north to the Canadian border, so im looking for shops in areas like Binghamton, Ithaca, Syracuse, Rochester, and the surrounding areas to look into.

They are hard to find... Just have to keep your eyes open online...

If you checkout the marketplace on Facebook you might get lucky or you can search for related groups such as the arrma buy sell trade groups. If you haven't had any luck on Ebay that's really all I can suggest and if you really want a Roller that much you can post in different facebook groups, forums and classifieds that you are ISO(in search of) what your hoping to find and sometimes you get lucky and might just land yourself a decent deal. Might take some extra time/effort but it's worth a shot in my opinion and if that fails than you always have Ebay which is where your most likely to find something but things can sometimes get snatched up really fast so you can also set search alerts for items on Ebay as well which will alert you any time something that falls online with your search keywords. That's bout all I have for you Good luck

Not sure if you'd be interested but I have a Big Rock crew cab that I would sell as a roller.

I'm starting to think it might be easier, and cheaper, to buy all the parts seperately and build the roller yourself lol. A granite chassis is like $15, that's the base right there. You add some RPM arms front and back for maybe another $30 and if you want to add the stock motor I saw some new ones on ebay for like $45. That's $90, you can probably finish the rest for around 100 and have it built for $200 or less. It's a lot of work to order everything but think about it as a kit, can be some fun to be had.

Not sure if you'd be interested but I have a Big Rock crew cab that I would sell as a roller.
How much would you be asking, and why are you selling it?

I'm starting to think it might be easier, and cheaper, to buy all the parts separately and build the roller yourself lol. A granite chassis is like $15, that's the base right there. You add some RPM arms front and back for maybe another $30 and if you want to add the stock motor I saw some new ones on ebay for like $45. That's $90, you can probably finish the rest for around 100 and have it built for $200 or less. It's a lot of work to order everything but think about it as a kit, can be some fun to be had.
That depends on what you are looking for. I am actually looking for buggies now to put the parts from a Quanam Vandal i have in. I was looking for Granite and Senton rollers, but, couldnt find any, so i just caved and bought them both new. Now im hoping to find a Redcat Tornado/Exceed Sunfire to use the Vandal parts for, since i broke the front control arms, and they have been back ordered for quite awhile, which seems to be common for that car, so, i figure, since i know i can get parts almost anywhere for the Redcat/Exceed buggies, ill just swap everything into one of those. As for buying the parts separate and just building one, i thought about that, but, by the time you gather all the needed parts (chassis, axles, diffs, bumpers, shocks, and whatever else im forgetting at the moment) , you're near $200, so why not just buy a new mega, and have a complete RTR vehicle, which is why i bought the Granite and Senton.

I think the only stock parts I'd use from a Granite 4x4 would be the chassis of course and the arms at least to start since they are pretty cheap. I'd get whatever shocks I want because the stock ones would be replaced right away anyways. of course the motor and electronics as well would be aftermarket.

I think the only stock parts I'd use from a Granite 4x4 would be the chassis of course and the arms at least to start since they are pretty cheap. I'd get whatever shocks I want because the stock ones would be replaced right away anyways. of course the motor and electronics as well would be aftermarket.
Im assuming you are talking about building something capable of 3S or bigger, so, in that instance, building your own might be the better way to go. A stock Granite 4X4 works for me because im not looking for the speed or power of a 3S vehicle. Everything i have is set up for 2S, and it works well for me. I have several vehicles, including Arrma, Redcat, Hobby King, Tamiya, Force RC, to name a few, and the only one i have that isnt all original is the Arrma Fury i have, but, i got it set up the way it is, and a Redcat Volcano i have that started out as a box of parts, that i built into an Exceed buggy instead of a monster truck. My neighbors are always talking about their latest mod, or how fast they made their vehicles, and i just sit off to the side and listen, because i don't do any of that, unless its for other people when they ask me to.

With my Granite 4x4 3s I don't really need any upgrading it seems like it can handle 3s and beating with no problems at all. 3s is good enough, anything more and it would be just flipping over.

With my Granite 4x4 3s I don't really need any upgrading it seems like it can handle 3s and beating with no problems at all. 3s is good enough, anything more and it would be just flipping over.
I don't run anything more than 2S in any of my vehicles, since, where i run, even that much would break things repeatedly. I run in a "field" that is full of trees, rocks, and major obstacles.

I'm starting to think it might be easier, and cheaper, to buy all the parts seperately and build the roller yourself lol. A granite chassis is like $15, that's the base right there. You add some RPM arms front and back for maybe another $30 and if you want to add the stock motor I saw some new ones on ebay for like $45. That's $90, you can probably finish the rest for around 100 and have it built for $200 or less. It's a lot of work to order everything but think about it as a kit, can be some fun to be had.
I bought this for 125$

Attachments

• received_460748474730189.jpeg
    received_460748474730189.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 35
I bought this for 125$
Where i live, you couldnt get it, broken, for less than $175. There are at least 3 on craigslist right now, one needs a new servo, one needs a servo and a front wheel and tire, and one needs a motor and possibly ESC, and they are $175 each. The local swap shops (3 of them) typically ask $200 for the mega 4X4 versions, and $300 for the 3S versions. The last time i was on FB, there were 2 Granite's that needed work, and one Senton that had no electronics, and they still wanted $150 or more. A guy recently had a Senton he converted into a Typhon, with the original parts to convert it back, for $700.

Where i live, you couldnt get it, broken, for less than $175. There are at least 3 on craigslist right now, one needs a new servo, one needs a servo and a front wheel and tire, and one needs a motor and possibly ESC, and they are $175 each. The local swap shops (3 of them) typically ask $200 for the mega 4X4 versions, and $300 for the 3S versions. The last time i was on FB, there were 2 Granite's that needed work, and one Senton that had no electronics, and they still wanted $150 or more. A guy recently had a Senton he converted into a Typhon, with the original parts to convert it back, for $700.
That's exactly what I have is a 3s Senton convention with typhon parts and a 4s system upgrade
That's exactly what I have is a 3s Senton convention with typhon parts and a 4s system upgrade

Attachments

• 20190612_134508.jpg
    20190612_134508.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1558390793965-2107315391.jpg
    1558390793965-2107315391.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back