Senton Looking for mid range brushless system for arrma senton mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally put a $35 combo from racerstar in my daughters senton, 3900kv 3650. Seemed to run fine but during some maintenance I noticed that when turning the motor by hand the rotor would sort of lock up here and there. Didn't notice the issue when running in the truck though but I replaced the motor with a racarstar 3660 2600kv, slotted the motor holes and am running somewhere in the range of 26-28 on the pinion stock spur. No heat issues, does 44mph on 3s, but a 5 year old kid is rough on things and is handled it for a while, maybe 15-20 packs but the drivetrain sounds a little crunchy now. Going to check the diff input when I get home. Good thing there's the 3s blx stuff to take its place.

Hello every one I'm new in the hobby , I've got my new arrma senton mega 4x4 and looking to upgrade it to brushless , I will run it on 3s (asphalt speed run) and 2s ( off road and bashing)

I was thinning about this combos

- Castle Creations Sidewinder SCT 3800KV Motor
- Hobbywing ezrun max10 3300KV Motor
- Hobbywing ezrun max10 4000KV Motor

what's the recommended on and which one should I choose?
Well I upgraded my input shafts, metal hex's and I'm running a 100 amp 2500kv 1/8 scale system in mine with no issues..yet. will be getting the blx motor mount and some typhon shocks. its pretty heavy now. I'm running 27 pinion and the stock spur gear. It's a badass mega in my book. Running between 2 to 4s. I do have plenty of spare parts because I know things will start to give up under the high torque.

Well I upgraded my input shafts, metal hex's and I'm running a 100 amp 2500kv 1/8 scale system in mine with no issues..yet. will be getting the blx motor mount and some typhon shocks. its pretty heavy now. I'm running 27 pinion and the stock spur gear. It's a badass mega in my book. Running between 2 to 4s. I do have plenty of spare parts because I know things will start to give up under the high torque.

I'm amazed you aren't chewing through spurs left and right.

Guys . i have removed the center drive shaft to test the car as 2WD but surprised when i found the rear weel moved 2 rounds then stopped , the ESC & servo was working but the car wasn't move .
then installed the drive shaft again and the car has worked normaly ,

anyone knows the reason of this ?

Guys . i have removed the center drive shaft to test the car as 2WD but surprised when i found the rear weel moved 2 rounds then stopped , the ESC & servo was working but the car wasn't move .
then installed the drive shaft again and the car has worked normaly ,

anyone knows the reason of this ?

That has me stumped. I've forgotten to install the center driveshaft and driven it RWD before. It worked but it wasn't pleasant.

That has me stumped. I've forgotten to install the center driveshaft and driven it RWD before. It worked but it wasn't pleasant.
i thought that it will be faster if it works . but it hasn't work completely

i thought that it will be faster if it works . but it hasn't work completely

I had massive traction and handling issues with just RWD. It definitely wasn’t faster with the esc/motor combo I was running.

To get any gains out of it, you'd more than likely have to remove the front axles as well so you don't have the drag of the diff on the front end. Removing that drag would also help with steering. Don't get me wrong, 2wd brushless is sketchy at best, but when pushing a front drivetrain around, it's going to add to the problem.

I've only run my stampede 4x4 vxl once with the sct sv3/3800kv on 3S and it seemed to do ok. I'm running 11/52 gearing (stock is 11/54). I ran it pretty hard at the park in short grass for an entire pack. I don't think the packs I got are rated properly... or they are at least rated differently than the SMC packs. I'm using hobbystar 5200mah 3S 45C packs. I only got 17 minutes of run time... then again, I was running WOT a lot. At first, I had my transmitter limited to 75% throttle. By 3/4 way through the pack, I was running 100% and it was causing my slipper to slip a lot, so I'd ease on the throttle and ran it that way until LVC kicked in. I did see the esc get up around 130F and the motor at 140F.

I'll continue to monitor it. I didn't have time to run multiple packs as I wanted to run each truck at least a pack to test some adjustments out and I took 3 of them with me. The 3800kv castle motor also seemed to work fine with the traxxas vxl-3s esc I have in my jato. It also did fine. I ran it at a skate park though that's slick, so was hard to drive on 3S.

As for the packs, I have LVC set on my castle to be 3.5V, I forget where the traxxas one dips to, I think 3.2V and I can't adjust it. Regardless, neither pack took more than 4700 to fill. All my SMC packs, when I run them dead (to LVC), they all take a bit more than their rated capacity to fill.

The hobbystar 5200's fit fine in the stampede though. It has a short tray at 142mm long.

My 3S stampede video. Bad time of day with the sun in the wrong spot.

So am I actually. The mesh is pretty snug but not to tight. I also have my slipper clutch to slip under hard throttle. So far so good.
And also I added a little bit of 4000 diff fluid in front and rear differentials just enough to tighten up the gears so they don't spin so freely because not knowing if they can seal in the fluid. Like I said, just a little bit.

And also I added a little bit of 4000 diff fluid in front and rear differentials just enough to tighten up the gears so they don't spin so freely because not knowing if they can seal in the fluid. Like I said, just a little bit.

I run fluid in mine but I have the BLX diffs and the gaskets to seal them.

There's no difference in BLX gasketed diffs and Mega diffs. The assembly is exactly the same.

There's no difference in BLX gasketed diffs and Mega diffs. The assembly is exactly the same.

Gears and pins on the inside are the same. There are less, larger teeth on the ring gear. Tje four screws that hold it together are different.

I have 10k fluid in my Mega diffs. So far no leaks. I have the BLX3s diffs on order, when I get around to installing them, I'll see how much of the fluid leaked out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back