Looking for new 4s battery options Lipo or LiHv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Attitude

Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback.

Looking for lipo recommendations. I know they can be hit or miss. Won't hold it against anyone. :)

About to buy the Hobbystar posted above because I see it fits and runs good in Rich's truck. Social proof sells....

I doubt those C rating are truly that high. I would go with a better known brand pack with a 50c rating for around the same price.

I have a Venom 6300 70c 4s lipo I run in my Typhon 6s and I love it. Great run times and gobs of power. There are pretty expensive though.

Last edited:
I doubt those C rating are truly that high. I would go with a better known brand pack with a 50c rating for around the same price.

I have a Venom 6300 70c 4s lipo I run in my Typhon 6s and I love it. Great run times and gobs of power. There are pretty expensive though.
I've run pretty cheap Amazon lipos (4S Goldbats and 6S Awanfi) from the beginning and they've run great. If more expensive brands really produce that much more power? I might have to gear down lol.

Hobbyking has some nice batteries. The HD, Rhino and especially Graphene series are really good in my experience. And they're still about half the price of anything hobby shops in Europe sell.

I rememeber a thread where the ESC wouldn't arm on a 6s LiHV - the extra 6*.15V confused it I guess.

I've run pretty cheap Amazon lipos (4S Goldbats and 6S Awanfi) from the beginning and they've run great. If more expensive brands really produce that much more power? I might have to gear down lol.

Ive had decent results with off brands too. I feel like the price difference has lessened though so they are less appealing.

Gonna pull the trigger on something this weekend.

Options now are:

Rhino 5000mAh 4S 50C for just under $60

Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000mAh 4S 60C for $60

Powerhobby 4s 14.8v 6000mah 100c Hard case $83

Powerhobby 4s 14.8V 4500mah 100c Hard Case $70

HobbyStar 5200mAh 14.8V, 4S 100C Hardcase $90

The Hobbystar is obviously the most spendy followed by Power Hobby. Are these 2 brands superior in any way?

I use 3s liHV in my mini e revo, they work great. They are from HK and been running them for about a year and holding up great. You do need a charger designed for them. I might make an adapter from xt60 to 90 just to see if the Kraton will power up. If it works I'd buy some bigger ones for it.

I just got the spektrum 100c 4s 5000mah. And they are the same size as my 3s packs. If weight and size is is a deal breaker theses are your batteries. If it’s a budget battery your after look at ovanics or hoonan

Talked with Rich D and he said RC Juice was a good place to buy the hobby star from. Visited the site and they have free shipping over $50. Didn’t even have to pay tax. Better prices than eBay.
$75 for the 5200mah 100c hardpack. We’ll see how it runs!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back