Kraton Looking for new ESC/motor combo Kraton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w4rwf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello All! As the title says I am looking for a new ESC/motor combo that will be a replacement for the now defective spektrum firma esc that is in there now. I am not looking for any upgrade in power necessarily, I bash around the house with not really any space for high speed runs. I want a new esc/motor combo that will bolt right into the existing motor mount. I am happy with power levels where they are at with the car but I also need the esc to support a 7.4v servo and the Spektrum receiver that came with it. Also want to be able to plug in a single 4S battery or 2 3S batteries as I do now. I know it would be easier to just go back to Spektrum but I don't have any faith in the Spektrum line except there transmitters and receivers.

Was looking at this combo https://www.castlecreations.com/en/...aterproof-w-2200kv-motor-sensored-010-0108-03 but not sure about fit. Also open to other options. Money is not a problem but would like to keep it reasonable. A cooler running motor/esc combo is preferable also.

Thanks for any input! This sight is awesome.

Last edited:
Hobbywing is very tough.haven't killed one yet. 8BL150 is a great esc bout same power as firma150a. It would be direct swap,but only 6v bec.under 100$...max8 is 7.4v but has 6.5 esc connections.so sodoring required.max6 bearly fits but more power and wouldn't have to ever worry bout overheating

Screenshot_20200719-041624_Photos.jpg

so i could use the spektrum motor in there now and the max 6 esc? Any modifications to make to get the max 6 in? what soldering? from motor wires to motor?

Just my 2 cents, I've found that the Spektrum motors are very picky about what esc they are hooked up to, just a heads up.

Thanks for the replies! I actually found a hobby shop about 75 miles away that sold the Mamba Monster X 8s and they did all of the soldering necessary to get my motor and batteries connected. I am still going to run the stock Spektrum motor until it doesn't run anymore then my options will be more open for me with this esc. So tomorrow I will take it out to the field and play. I don't have the programmer yet and the hobby shop didn't have one but looks as though the default settings are ok for now. Wish I could change the BEC setting with the transmitter but doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks for the links. The firma esc that came in it is still under warranty and will be sent in this coming week to horizon. When I get the new one back it will be a standby/spare.

Hobbywing is very tough.haven't killed one yet. 8BL150 is a great esc bout same power as firma150a. It would be direct swap,but only 6v bec.under 100$...max8 is 7.4v but has 6.5 esc connections.so sodoring required.max6 bearly fits but more power and wouldn't have to ever worry bout overheating

View attachment 131874
yes I have same esc in my talion seems good had it a few months all good so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back