Looking for new radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
I’ve been running the flysky fs-gt3b for a while now and I’m ready to upgrade to something better... especially after my cousin drove an outcast straight into it and now the antenna is falling off?. But I’m looking to stay under 100(including a 2nd or 3rd receiver) model storage is a must as I drive the BRCC, proboat, and hopefully an scx10 soon. I have seen the flysky fs-gt5 and was leaning towards that one but I wanted to get the you guys opinion on it first.

Sorry I have no experience with the flysky. I can recommend the rugged from spektrum. Great radio once you get the feel of the touch pad down.

Ive got a FS-GT5 for my 2wd slash. It is good for the price, has all the feautres you need, and also has a gyro built in (which is awsome for 2wd). Only complaint is that I feel the tension on the steering and throttle is a little on the light side (compared to my tactic ttx300 anyway). But overall very happy with it.

I’ve been running the flysky fs-gt3b for a while now and I’m ready to upgrade to something better... especially after my cousin drove an outcast straight into it and now the antenna is falling off?. But I’m looking to stay under 100(including a 2nd or 3rd receiver) model storage is a must as I drive the BRCC, proboat, and hopefully an scx10 soon. I have seen the flysky fs-gt5 and was leaning towards that one but I wanted to get the you guys opinion on it first.
Only thing I can think of that would be close to that is the Radiolink RC4GS. Last time I looked the rx's were like $12 from China.

I really like the GT5, I also have the GT3B and like that as well. You really cant go wrong. The big boy version is the Noble.

I just bought the GT5 but have yet to use it. First impressions are good though. I’ll eventually switch to the Noble.
I really like the GT5, I also have the GT3B and like that as well. You really cant go wrong. The big boy version is the Noble.
What’s the noble?

It is and isn’t. Compared to the other systems in the same categories it’s pretty darn cheap. It was more than I was able to spend when I bought the GT5 for sure.

The GT5 is going for $68 on Amazon with the 6 channel BS6 right now though.
Fyi, that's $115 in our not so real Canadian dollars. I'm eyeing one on Amazon.ca. Waiting to hear your review after the first run with the new Typhon before I pull the trigger.

Fyi, that's $115 in our not so real Canadian dollars. I'm eyeing one on Amazon.ca. Waiting to hear your review after the first run with the new Typhon before I pull the trigger.
If you can wait for the slow boat from China you should buy it from AliExpress or Banggood you will get 2 receivers for a cheaper price than amazon

If you can wait for the slow boat from China you should buy it from AliExpress or Banggood you will get 2 receivers for a cheaper price than amazon
Thanks Mike. I'll look into it.

Will the bs6 fit in the rx box on the 1/8 Arrmas?
I can't say for sure as all I have are 10th scale, but it sure seems like it'll fit in almost anything!
20200120_201307.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back