Granite Looking for new tires for arrma granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakelandry

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Recently on my first run on 4s my tires balooned and exploded about 10 seconds into the run (2650 kv motor and 20t pinion) so I am on the prowl for a new set. I see the pro-line trenchers seem to be highly talked about but it seems I will have to tape them to keep the same thing from happening again. Is it possible to put these on the stock granite rims? I see them mostly pre-mounted but i am going to take them off and tape them anyway so why not just get some that don't come pre glued? Also it seems like a pain to deal with wheel adapters and whatnot so if I could just reuse my stock rims that would be preferable. I am also up for suggestions on other tires to consider as I only briefly searched and I thought the stock tires were great so I don't feel I will be that picky about the characteristics of any of them other than the exploding part.

Badlands mx 2.8. Are bad azz
On brcc

Attachments

• IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 121
Recently on my first run on 4s my tires balooned and exploded about 10 seconds into the run (2650 kv motor and 20t pinion) so I am on the prowl for a new set. I see the pro-line trenchers seem to be highly talked about but it seems I will have to tape them to keep the same thing from happening again. Is it possible to put these on the stock granite rims? I see them mostly pre-mounted but i am going to take them off and tape them anyway so why not just get some that don't come pre glued? Also it seems like a pain to deal with wheel adapters and whatnot so if I could just reuse my stock rims that would be preferable. I am also up for suggestions on other tires to consider as I only briefly searched and I thought the stock tires were great so I don't feel I will be that picky about the characteristics of any of them other than the exploding part.
Yes the they should fit on the stock rims. Any of the Pro-Line 2.8 tires should.

I see they have a lp version and the trenchers seem to only come in traxxas bead. I plan to tape whatever i get.

Last edited:
I think i'm pretty set on the badlands but it seems they only offer traxxas style beads or pre-mounted? Can traxxas beaded tires not mount on the granite wheels? I honestly think i like the factory granite rims the best and would like to retain them along with not having to dismount and remount tires to tape them

Last edited:
I’m not running them on 4S, but I have no complaints about Trenchers. I glued a set onto some stock rims and they are working nicely for me. I’m pretty sure they would balloon on 4S, but no more than most other non-belted tires.

Just revisiting this thread with some pictures. The tires don't seem compatible honestly so i'd like to hear if anyone other than sadlerbw has done this. Ripped tire remnants are Arrma bead, other is traxxis and the last is an Arrma wheel after removing the factory tire. I'd just like confirmation before wasting my time gluing and ripping these back off

Attachments

• IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4338.JPG
    IMG_4338.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4339.JPG
    IMG_4339.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 53
So, this sadly won't help your Question, but I have another tire suggestion in General:

The new Louise 1/10 MT MFT (Micro Fiber Tech) Tires (I don't know if they get sold in the US and if yes, under witch brand [probably Duratrax]).
According to my LHS, they have Micro Fiber inside which hinders them from balooning & they are not glued but beadlocked to the rim.
I have not bought / driven them yet, but I was allowed to mount them on my Stampede 2wd (3s Brushless) and give full trottle in the air, and they didn't baloon at all (atleast I didn't really see balooning, and my normal Louise Tires double their size when doing that).
Also, they did feel pretty grippy. One Thing to keep in mind though: They have a slightly larger Diameter and have only 12mm Hexes.

Take this with a grain of salt (or a lot of salt) as I haven't driven them yet and can't say anything about the Durability / Grip of them, but they seem to be worth a try.

So, this sadly won't help your Question, but I have another tire suggestion in General:

The new Louise 1/10 MT MFT (Micro Fiber Tech) Tires (I don't know if they get sold in the US and if yes, under witch brand [probably Duratrax]).
According to my LHS, they have Micro Fiber inside which hinders them from balooning & they are not glued but beadlocked to the rim.
I have not bought / driven them yet, but I was allowed to mount them on my Stampede 2wd (3s Brushless) and give full trottle in the air, and they didn't baloon at all (atleast I didn't really see balooning, and my normal Louise Tires double their size when doing that).
Also, they did feel pretty grippy. One Thing to keep in mind though: They have a slightly larger Diameter and have only 12mm Hexes.

Take this with a grain of salt (or a lot of salt) as I haven't driven them yet and can't say anything about the Durability / Grip of them, but they seem to be worth a try.
Their website is down, so I cannot find any 1/10 versions of the MFT tires. I can only find the XMaxx versions, which are wayyyy too big for a Granite.

@jondilly1974
Well, they seem to be pretty new, and I couldn't really find anything about them on the Internet so far apart from a German Online Shop that has them (I'm from Germany). And like I said, I saw and tried them in the air on my Stampede 2wd in my LHS. They were a bit bigger, but a lot smaller than 1/8 scale MT wheels let alone XMAXX wheels.
Here are Screenshots of them from the German Shop:

According to my LHS (and the flyer in their package), this 4 thread patterns will be available with 0" & 1/2" Offset and with Black & Chrome Black Wheels.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    174.4 KB · Views: 42
@jondilly1974
Well, they seem to be pretty new, and I couldn't really find anything about them on the Internet so far apart from a German Online Shop that has them (I'm from Germany). And like I said, I saw and tried them in the air on my Stampede 2wd in my LHS. They were a bit bigger, but a lot smaller than 1/8 scale MT wheels let alone XMAXX wheels.
Here are Screenshots of them from the German Shop:
View attachment 39593
View attachment 39594
View attachment 39595
View attachment 39596
According to my LHS (and the flyer in their package), this 4 thread patterns will be available with 0" & 1/2" Offset and with Black & Chrome Black Wheels.

The Uphill and Rockets would be on my list if they are as balloon proof as they seem to be. ??

@jondilly1974
Well, if I would have the money to spare at the moment it would be the Cyclones for my BRCC and the Pioneers for the Back of my Stampede 2wd (and probably Uhills for the Front of it, just to have a clean look as the normal Louise Tires are smaller).
Like I said, I can't say anything about the Performance of them, but I can say that I didn't see them baloon on my Stampede on full Throttle. So I don't know if they don't baloon at all, but if they baloon, then not much.
Just so you have a comparison, his is how my normal (vented) Louise Tires baloon on my Stampede (look at 0:07):

Badlands baloon like crazy, I run them on a Granite on 3s vented and they are ridiculous..???

Never knew you could get o-rings that big so might try that...??

Badlands baloon like crazy, I run them on a Granite on 3s vented and they are ridiculous..???

Never knew you could get o-rings that big so might try that...??

I actually bought 4 different sizes and the smallest ones are the only of the four that don’t fly off as soon as I hit half trigger. I’m returning the other three sets that were way too big.

What size ended up working?

I bought the 100mm to fit my MX28’s but I think 95mm might work too. You need to check the overall diameter of your tires and buy some a little smaller so they don’t fly off at speed. I lost one yesterday at the skate park somehow. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back