Looking for one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
Where can I get something similar?

I just converted a handful of some of my original 3S shocks with the push-on rod ends to the threaded version, and just used a small cresent to hold that little locknut. It worked but was a pain to hold so started looking for a nut driver online , and to verify the nut size I happened upon a YouTube video of a guy using this tool.

I've done some quick looks but cant find one I like...

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

might not be the right size?
right, thats the other thing I'm ot sure of, is it really 5mm hex.... short of opening a shock back up I was hopeing someone could verify. But thats the second one I've seen labeled as "slipper adjust" , which at least gives me a better idea of what to search for. I've also heard them called "thumb screws" or "thumb wrench"

right, thats the other thing I'm ot sure of, is it really 5mm hex.... short of opening a shock back up I was hopeing someone could verify. But thats the second one I've seen labeled as "slipper adjust" , which at least gives me a better idea of what to search for. I've also heard them called "thumb screws" or "thumb wrench"
I'm not sure.. doesn't Arrma include a little hex wrench for the shocks?

I got this recently from my wife... holidays/b-days, I keep a running list of things I "want" and she picks/chooses, so it's still a bit of a surprise.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PDOIT6/

They come in handy for RC stuff. Likely has the size you need.

She also got me little holders which I fastened to my workbench wall. She got me the precision hex bits a while back. Now I have 2 or 3 of the pouches that I don't need...
2022-0406-workBenchOnly.jpg

I just use a 5mm nut driver and it works perfectly fine.
Yeah, I think the nut driver would be more useful for most jobs, but this looks perfect for trying to hold everything with silicone on our hands....

I got this recently from my wife...
I love those Wiha tools, have been my go-to lately, just didnt want to spend that much for a whole set, I'll have to take one of the shocks apart and simply measure it, then may order the single Wiha...

So I googled "slipper adjust" and actually did find the original tool, but anybody that sold it says its now discontinued...
https://beachrc.com/tlr-22-22t-slipper-adjustment-tool/

I did find it on Ebay ( Thanx RoadKill) using the TLR # 2990 P/N , I may grab one if the size checks out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back