Big Rock Looking for "one" transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It hurts the wallet. But hey, if you feel like it's worth it, enjoy, Although, after checking, I didn't realize that model doesn't really cost much more than a DX5. I was thinking of the $700 Futaba's.
No worries!

Professional racer precision for a Big Rock/Fireteam basher? Seriously? He said he's likely to be getting more Arrma's, not sure he meant 38 more. Besides, even at the professional level, there was a video that showed the Futaba did not have a significant advantage over a DX5C.
Thanks for the reply however I never said professional level, my only goal is to control multi cars with one tramsmitter, 4 at most.

Yes, I know, my reply was to the person that suggested a Futaba. I thought it would be overkill as well.
No worries, learning curve for me so all feedback is appreciated.

I was looking at the FlySky FS-GT5 has anyone tried it out?

I was looking at the FlySky FS-GT5 has anyone tried it out?
I have heard tons of good things about it. If you want long range, the RC6GS V2 is the way to go.

DX5C is $230 with receiver?!?! That's nuts. I paid $110 for mine (no receiver, but still!) when it first came out.

And the rugged is $240 with no receiver!?!?!

I would say get a DX5C, but at those prices I would get the Futaba 3PV or Futaba 4PM, it's in a whole 'nother league than the Spektrum.

Seems like I need to make a new transmitter video.

DX5C is $230 with receiver?!?! That's nuts. I paid $110 for mine (no receiver, but still!) when it first came out.

I would say get a DX5C, but at those prices I would get the Futaba 3PV or Futaba 4PM, it's in a whole 'nother league than the Spektrum.

Precisely why I recommended the Futaba 4pm.....But I'm no expert just a satisfied owner.

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...had a DX5 Pro. Felt good in hand and I liked the "possibility" all the functions. The problem is the Spektrum receivers were complete trash (based off my own experience). Constant glitches with functions turning off and on with a mind of their own. Had one come from Spektrum dead on arrival and yet another one with the antenna disconnected. Couldn't seem to use all the functions at once. I'd adjust one thing and then something else either went crazy or stopped working altogether. The Spektrum stuff almost made me give the hobby up it was so frustrating.

Then I went all in on a Futaba 7PXR. Best move I ever made. Now this may be overkill for most but as I grew into using it I wouldn't go with anything less. Yeah...its pricey but the reliability and functionality are UNMATCHED!!! Its great for bashing when you wanna adjust things like throttle speed or throttle curve to add or remove wheelies. It has 2 and 3 stage throttle takeoff, anti-lock braking, traction control settings and a whole host of other features that make driving fun whether I'm off-road bashing or on-road speeding. The range is superb without any additional range extenders. You can put functions on different switches for easy changes on the fly. AND I'm left handed so being able to change the side the wheel is on was the determining factor in my purchase. Any lefties will appreciate being able to hold the radio properly as opposed to having it twisted in my hands just to get the wheel on the side I need to feel comfortable. I'm sure the lower end Futaba models offer pretty much the same and lower price points but momma always told me YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I've heard great things about the FlySky Noble and the RadioLink as well.

Think of your controller as a good investment because its one of the pieces that get used ALL THE TIME. A good one makes all the difference in terms of having fun with the cars. Plus with all the technology you really only need to spend money on one and then add receivers as your collection expands. Stick to your budget of course but the controller is one of the things you DON'T want to go cheap on...it'll cost you more in the long run.

Last edited:

Glad to read this, been 👀 the 3pv for a week or so now. Even at 50$ a rx you get two b4 crossing dx5 price range.. Time to order🤘

I spotted an article about this transmitter yesterday in another forum which seems to be at a relatively low price point for the features it has, like 7 channels, 20 receivers, 2wd or 4wd and real time battery info. I think it is fairly new so not sure how it stacks up yet, but I'd consider one in the future.

FlySky FS-G7P​

I spotted an article about this transmitter yesterday in another forum which seems to be at a relatively low price point for the features it has, like 7 channels, 20 receivers, 2wd or 4wd and real time battery info. I think it is fairly new so not sure how it stacks up yet, but I'd consider one in the future.

FlySky FS-G7P​

Looks cool, but that plastic wheel...! :rolleyes:

Has an optional foam wheel at least.

FlySky FS-G7P​

Junk!!🤣

Well I sold my Orange junk 😜
It is a good TX, I love it, the UI alone is awesome.

20220301_154109.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back