Granite Looking for opinions on the Transmitters (and receivers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I'm looking for some opinions on a common thread and have already been asking on Facebook to get a feel for it...

I got my Granite 3s blx a few weeks ago and am completely new to RC, only run 3 or 4 batteries through it and not been very adventurous. Following lots of threads on here I am thinking of changing the TX from the Spektrum that is supplied to something else as everyone says it makes it so much better. So, a few basic questions if I may please. What TX should I go for? I see the Dumborc gets lots of love, is that the one get? If so, which model? Or are there alternatives I should consider? Price is very attractive but am I better served to spend a little more or is this really the sweet spot?

I think I am going to get the receiver with the Gyro as I believe you can just turn it on and off etc. is there a lot of benefit in this? Its not always that clear on the Banggood site but believe if it mentions the "G" on the received it has a Gyro.... Once I have it, as a complete Noob, is it easy to install? it looks like it has a long aerial wire on it, where should this go?

And last question, I've seen a quite a few people suggesting changing the servo, is this worth while at this stage? And if so, what do I want? I will probably leave that alone for now though......

Many thanks all.

For radios, anything is likely much better than the STX2. What to buy is a personal choice, but we can help point out some good options.

If you only want to use one RC per radio, the Dumborc X4 or x6 are good performing radios, but have a cheap plastic feel. You can replace the wheel with foam if you want a better feel, but overall, it is a very inexpensive system starting at around $25.

If you want to control more than one RC with a single radio, then you want to look into the FlySky GT5 radio. It will be a better quality radio with the ability to hold up to 20 RCs in memory for about $80. This way you can save a lot of money each time you buy a new RC, you only need to buy a $10 receiver to add it to the new radio.

If you really want to top notch radio with all the bells and whistles and have the budget, the FlySky Noble NB4 is about as good of a radio as most will ever need for about $200.

As far as the gyro goes, I didn't find it helps me at all. But, I am a believer in everyone trying things for themselves and see if it helps you. To each his own.

I got the dumborc x6 formy typhon 3s. It is much better than the spectrum. Night and day difference. If you use the gyro feature, keep in mind that the more you turn it up the more it limits your turn radius. Hope this helps.

If you want to control more than one RC with a single radio, then you want to look into the FlySky GT5 radio. It will be a better quality radio with the ability to hold up to 20 RCs in memory for about $80. This way you can save a lot of money each time you buy a new RC, you only need to buy a $10 receiver to add it to the new radio.

Just to make it easier for future reference, do you know which $10 receivers work with the GT5? I did some research last night but couldn't quite find what receivers indeed work, and most importantly, which cheap receivers work.

Just to make it easier for future reference, do you know which $10 receivers work with the GT5? I did some research last night but couldn't quite find what receivers indeed work, and most importantly, which cheap receivers work.

FS-A3

I love my absima cr3p, it's the same as the gt3c and various other models, essentially the afhds protocol that it runs means it's compatible with loads of other brands, you can pick up cheap fly sky afhds rx's for pennies from China on eBay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back