Looking for some durable 40mm fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I am looking for some durable 40mm fans. I have some 30mm Hobbystar aluminum frame fans that just won't die. But I have been thru a bunch of 40mm fans and none have held up well. Looking for standard 40x10mm 5V fans. I already have a bunch of 40x20mm 12v fans for the speed runners. I want some 40x10mm fans for the Typhon 6S and the EXB.

The last ones I bought were the Yeah Racing YEA-YA-0327 and they didn't make it thru a single bash. They spin by hand but appear dead. Maybe I should buy some more of the WTF 40mm fans, but I really wanted something with a metal frame like the 30mm HS fans....

I’ve been wanting to try the game changer fans. Earl Moorhead really likes them, so much he put them on his Mojave. Real curious how they hold up to serious bashing?

Powehobby makes a 40mm in aluminum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-195847_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-195847_eBay.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 83
I’ve been wanting to try the game changer fans. Earl Moorhead really likes them, so much he put them on his Mojave. Real curious how they hold up to serious bashing?

Yeah those are the 20mm tall ones I already have. Too tall for some of my rigs. I need the lower profile 10mm fans.
Powehobby makes a 40mm in aluminum
Nice! I will likely try a pair of them. ?

I just bought a 30mm wtf fan for my Surpass esc. It would seem like after each run, one of the blades would be bent and hitting the fan guard on it. So I'd have to snip off the part that was hitting it. Every single fan blade has been trimmed. I'm assuming this is normal for bashers, but come on. I'm hoping this one lasts longer than the fan that came with my esc.

I just bought a 30mm wtf fan for my Surpass esc. It would seem like after each run, one of the blades would be bent and hitting the fan guard on it. So I'd have to snip off the part that was hitting it. Every single fan blade has been trimmed. I'm assuming this is normal for bashers, but come on. I'm hoping this one lasts longer than the fan that came with my esc.
For 30mm fans the Hobbystar aluminum frame fans are pretty tough for me. I have yet to destroy a single one. I have them on my speed runners and they have all crashed at well over 100mph and they are still working great.

I’d like to see the actual fan itself made out of aluminum.........does any manufacturer make these? Besides weight, what drawbacks would there be?
Busted a blade off my brand new Max5 esc after 2 runs.....sheesh....

My Yeah Racing 40mm fans all broke on the supports on the bottom holding the motor to the frame.

I’d like to see the actual fan itself made out of aluminum.........does any manufacturer make these? Besides weight, what drawbacks would there be?
Busted a blade off my brand new Max5 esc after 2 runs.....sheesh....
The game change fans, like the ones in the video I linked above have metal blades.

Nice! I’ll check those out Hammer, thx!
The game change fans, like the ones in the video I linked above have metal blades.

Seems the blades are plastic but painted to look metal.......

Last edited:
I really like these. I put one in the mmx8s and bedsides a connector swap it’s drop in replacement. They seem to be very similar to the 30mm Hobbystar ones.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fans-Aluminum-40mm-by-Team-Power-Products/303555546375?var=602784690541
I picked up 4 of these to try them out. I have three different types on the way and hope one will at least be worth the purchase. For now I put one of my 20mm tall Sunon fans on the MMX8S. The motor fan was simply unplugged and wasn’t actually broken as I had assumed, so I will stick with the YR fan until it dies there.

Nice! I’ll check those out Hammer, thx!

Seems the blades are plastic but painted to look metal.......
Pretty sure they are metal, he can paint them different colors to match your build. ?‍♂️

"The chrome look on the blades is a protective hard aluminum spray coating not an all metal blade "

This is a direct statement on his Ebay listing. They are not metal blades.
Well... that sucks! ☹️
All be darned if it doesn’t, gotta read that fine print I guess. ??‍♂️

Well... that sucks! ☹
All be darned if it doesn’t, gotta read that fine print I guess. ??‍♂️

Yea I thought the same thing. Was pumped when i saw the pictures thinking it was metal and was about to order them but ive been screwed to many times with the small print to ALWAYS read every single word on an ebay listing before sending money....sure enough this was another one of those cases unfortunately.

I’m convinced that any fan anyone buys sucks a giant bag of stewed dix......doesn’t matter who manufactures them......The forces that get applied against any RC fan far exceed the capabilities, torque forces, torsion forces of what plastic can handle, it’s that simple. Particularly for bashers. We will never win the fan war......until we get a manufacturer that makes the fan hub and blades out of aluminum. I’d pay good coin for that.

Aluminum fan shrouds are really nice and blingy, but they still contain the same shite fans I have in my castle 2028 shroud.....these chincy plastic blades are simply not made to handle these forces, they’re made for cooling CPU’s at rest in your computer desk.

rant over,
cheers,
kev

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back