Granite Looking for specs on the Mega ESC (ARA390288)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmature

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Long story short, my 10 year old son got confused and thought he was driving his Granite 3S BLX when he driving his old ECX AMP MT. The servo seized and the combination ESC/receiver smells burnt...

I think I'll buy a Tactic TTX300 for the Granite and transplant the STX2 into the ECX. I'd like a QuicRun 1600 ESC but I can;t seem to find one that I can get in a reasonable time frame. I can get an Arrma Mega ESC for $5 more, but I can't find any information on its forward/reverse current ratings. It would be used with the stock 20T motor which I don't think consumes much power. Does anyone know what the ESC is rated for and is it generally a reliable ESC?

According to this it says it's 35A continuous but that's all I could find. As far as reliable I can say that I've personally never had problems with it but I only ran it like 10-12 packs on the stock 20T motor with 17T pinion. I then took it out and went the brushless route chasing more speed/performance and the mega esc/motor got shoved in my wltoys 12428 but I haven't run it that much since.

Long story short, my 10 year old son got confused and thought he was driving his Granite 3S BLX when he driving his old ECX AMP MT. The servo seized and the combination ESC/receiver smells burnt...

I think I'll buy a Tactic TTX300 for the Granite and transplant the STX2 into the ECX. I'd like a QuicRun 1600 ESC but I can;t seem to find one that I can get in a reasonable time frame. I can get an Arrma Mega ESC for $5 more, but I can't find any information on its forward/reverse current ratings. It would be used with the stock 20T motor which I don't think consumes much power. Does anyone know what the ESC is rated for and is it generally a reliable ESC?
Pretty must the same as suchtragedy…..My Mega is about a month old. First week we burned the ESC....they replaced it no problem. Week two the motor burned out. So this is when I went brushless. As many of the post on this forum recommend I should have just purchased the brushless granite but I didn't. So in the end I think I should have a pretty nice granite but it will be costing me a lot more than if I would have made the right decision in the first place.

Someone had good advice earlier in the week "throw the mega in the trash and start over" but you already have a nice Granite BLX. LHS put In a taser brushless and esc and it has worked great so far.

To answer your question I would not buy a Arrma Mega ESC. I think I had the car like 2 days and ours was ruined.

I believe the Arrma esc will work just fine in the ECX Amp with the stock 20t motor. I think it would be fine with a 15t 540 motor in the Amp with stock gearing. The Amp weighs like 2+ pounds less than the 4x4 Arrmas. The Arrma 4x4s weigh more (6+ pounds with 8.4v nimh battery) plus run one of the hottest running 550 motors a 12t motor so the motor will pull more current (amps) than the esc can handle. A 60a esc like the Hobbwing WP 1060 would be better but the Arrma ARA390288 would be a decent replacement for the stock 2 in 1 esc/rx in the AMP IMO.

I just weighed them - the Granite BLX weighs 6.3 lbs and the AMP 3.3 lbs. The difference is bigger than I thought. Add to that the fact that the AMP is 2WD and has nowhere near the traction the Granite does, I'm sure the peak currents will be less than half of what they are in the Granite. If I can't find a Quicrun 1060 in the next couple of days, I'll pull the trigger on the Arrma ESC.

These cars are great teaching aids. My son learned today that driving a 6.3 lb car traveling 30 mph into himself hurts a lot more than a 3.3 lb car traveling 20 mph.

If you weren't in Canada I have a Dynamite brushed esc out of my Ecx Ruckus that I could let ya have for cheap, but the last time I shipped something to Canada it cost quite a bit.

Thanks, but I think the BEC current limit on the Ruckus ESC is 1A. The stall current on my servo is 1.5A which is what took out my ESC. The Arrma BEC current limit is 2A. I'm starting to think even that may not be enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back