Looking for Steering upgrade options 8s EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerditionsFlame

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
Hi all

Building my 8s EXB. I have a power HD 65i waterproof servo (I’m still unsure if this fits my idea of a mega build machine being a non pedigree model). Is there any recommended upgrades off the bat that make the steering more stable/accurate. Any identified weak points?

image.jpg

Lots of natural play in the A-arms, pivot balls ETC to make the steering feel sloppy. Shimming the A-arms with thin washers help but watch for up and down binding. If you do this, take the shock off so you can feel for any. Upgrading the bell crank to aluminum takes some other play out. You are never going to get a precise steer out of one of these oversized truggy's.

The Power HD 65i waterproof servo is an analog servo. If you are using a Spektrum Receiver with AVC turned on, my Spektrummanual states "Digital servos are required with the Spektrum SR6200A AVC receiver. Using analog servos with AVC technology will reduce the performance of the system and may cause the servos to overheat."

I am running the Spektrum Digital Servo S9110BL at 8 volts in my Kraton 8s EXB. It's got over 80Kg of torque at 8 volts. It's a 1/5 scale servo. Works great!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back