Kraton Looking for suggestions on upgraded RC controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Utube best radio 2019 from 50 to 200
Still think the best bang for ur buck is definitely the flyskygt5 at 73.00 ur have everything the top of line radios have Evernote a bit more then the best by far the furthest range and 20 different models is the most a radio can have there’s avc there four wheel steering and 6 channel the futaba has 4 channels so for an all around radio u can’t beat this all ur lights 4 wheel option steering and can access any option to the car I can have if there another radio out there that can do something the flyskygt5 can do better or more let me know there an option for more money but is bout the same feel fyit4 let me know what u chose
I have the Yeah Racing version of that SkyRC gyro and I gotta say it’s pretty useless. You need to turn it up to about 50% for there to be enough travel to make a difference. Problem with that is that once you get moving it’s too sensitive and it makes the wheels go back and forth. Turn it down a tad and then there’s no effect at all. I’m going to be removing mine going forward.
Which radio do u have there’s 5 different way to set up the gyro also when u tire the car on make sure it is on the ground and not in your hands the car needs to know where center is and flat if it’s in ur hands this will make the gyro not work probably
Still think the best bang for ur buck is definitely the flyskygt5 at 73.00 ur have everything the top of line radios have Evernote a bit more then the best by far the furthest range and 20 different models is the most a radio can have there’s avc there four wheel steering and 6 channel the futaba has 4 channels so for an all around radio u can’t beat this all ur lights 4 wheel option steering and can access any option to the car I can have if there another radio out there that can do something the flyskygt5 can do better or more let me know there an option for more money but is bout the same feel fyit4 let me know what u chose

Which radio do u have there’s 5 different way to set up the gyro also when u tire the car on make sure it is on the ground and not in your hands the car needs to know where center is and flat if it’s in ur hands this will make the gyro not work probably
For setup options let me know what ur driving on hard dirt loose street gravel I’ve tried them all sometimes it so good it’s scary also have to let go of the steering wheel I’m usually around 80% if I’m hitting jumps to get that car to fly straight off the ramp

Last edited:

For setup options let me know what ur driving on hard dirt loose street gravel I’ve tried them all sometimes it so good it’s scary also have to let go of the steering wheel I’m usually around 80% if I’m hitting jumps to get that car to fly straight off the ramp
I have a Futaba 3PV and tried two ways to set the gain; using CH3 and the normal manual onboard POT. I always wait for the LEDs on the Gyro on boot up. When it’s ready, I pick up the nose and move left and right to check for counter steer. The setting needs to be about 50% on either method to start to see counter steer action from the gyro. Put it up on a block and hit some throttle and watch the front wheels wobble as the gyro sense the vibrations and begins to counter steer, even tho it’s not really moving at all. Turn it down to where this wobble effect goes away and so does the counter steer when moving the nose. ??‍♂️

I have a Futaba 3PV and tried two ways to set the gain; using CH3 and the normal manual onboard POT. I always wait for the LEDs on the Gyro on boot up. When it’s ready, I pick up the nose and move left and right to check for counter steer. The setting needs to be about 50% on either method to start to see counter steer action from the gyro. Put it up on a block and hit some throttle and watch the front wheels wobble as the gyro sense the vibrations and begins to counter steer, even tho it’s not really moving at all. Turn it down to where this wobble effect goes away and so does the counter steer when moving the nose. ??‍♂️
would it be better (since i have the option) to just buy a receiver without avc? atm i have the new kraton and down the road im looking mojave or a monster truck (hopefully arrma ) do i even need avc? im not a speed run guy

would it be better (since i have the option) to just buy a receiver without avc? atm i have the new kraton and down the road im looking mojave or a monster truck (hopefully arrma ) do i even need avc? im not a speed run guy
I don’t care for the two gyro systems I’ve used. I don’t see the point. ??‍♂️

Fly sky gt3b. It’s an older model flysky but it works great, stores 10 receivers, and is cheap! Also the receivers are 5 bucks a peice last time I checked

Along those lines, the Flysky GT3C, uses a lipo battery, not 8 AA, same type of rx, tons of open source mods online that can be done to it.

I have a futaba 4PV & love it. But it was discontinued for the new 4PM, which is a little less featured, but hits the price point they're targeting. The r304sb TFHSS reciever futabas usually come with are nice because I can see Telemetry data like my bec voltage, which is useful for watching voltage drop off from your servo at full lock, or if your fans are causing a drop. But if I bought a new TX today, I would go with a Spectrum that supports the new firma Smart electronics. Like others suggested a DX5 Rugged is a nice radio that would stand up to a Bashers life.?

Avc is great in certain situations in dirt it awsome helps u line up to hit ur jumps straight to avoid a off balance hit to an hard landing breaking something eles always make sure ur car is on the ground when u turn on ur avc and get the new flyskygt5 best controller for 2019 what to spend more get the touch screen noble and if ur afraid to let go of ur steering wheel ur still doing the driving in ct we have straight ice on r grass and I can go up make my turn once aimed at my ramp I cam let go of wheel and hit that jump straight on I love the the flyskygt5 I also have the it4 but kinda pissed they won’t make the firmware update to add gyro to this radio that would be seriously bad ass to be able to look at the graph and really see what’s going on with avc / svc for flyskygt5 radios we need to get on them too make this happen look at the telemetry graph could really dial it in perfectly
Avc is great in certain situations in dirt it awsome helps u line up to hit ur jumps straight to avoid a off balance hit to an hard landing breaking something eles always make sure ur car is on the ground when u turn on ur avc and get the new flyskygt5 best controller for 2019 what to spend more get the touch screen noble and if ur afraid to let go of ur steering wheel ur still doing the driving in ct we have straight ice on r grass and I can go up make my turn once aimed at my ramp I cam let go of wheel and hit that jump straight on I love the the flyskygt5 I also have the it4 but kinda pissed they won’t make the firmware update to add gyro to this radio that would be seriously bad ass to be able to look at the graph and really see what’s going on with avc / svc for flyskygt5 radios we need to get on them too make this happen look at the telemetry graph could really dial it in perfectly
Driving kraton 4s and losi super rock Rey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back