Big Rock Looking to buy a ESC fan wire splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
On my big rock I am running the spectrum 130 amp ESC and recently purchased the program card to make adjustments. How do you spell it’s been kind of a Payne unplugging the ESC fan wire to plug the program card in all the time. Wondering if there is a better system out there, so I do not have to constantly unplug the ESC’s fan if there is a splitter, I am hoping there is one that is really short in wire length to make everything look clean, thanks in advance
05D9242F-7667-4896-8EC0-BF8877FBAF39.jpeg

Can confirm. I've purchased these exact ones in the past and they work great for additional fans. Don't think I'd use them for programming though.
On my big rock I am running the spectrum 130 amp ESC and recently purchased the program card to make adjustments. How do you spell it’s been kind of a Payne unplugging the ESC fan wire to plug the program card in all the time. Wondering if there is a better system out there, so I do not have to constantly unplug the ESC’s fan if there is a splitter, I am hoping there is one that is really short in wire length to make everything look clean, thanks in advance

Don't use your fingers to unplug the fan, use some needle nose pliers to grab onto the plastic connector. Try to avoid pulling the plug out by the wires. The wires are held into the plastic connector by a very thin clip that is easily bent & broken if you pull by the wires.

Using the Y connector is fine for running some additional fans, but running the ESC fan while using the programming card may have undesired effects. Test with wheels off the ground/workbench after programming!

Last edited:
On my big rock I am running the spectrum 130 amp ESC and recently purchased the program card to make adjustments. How do you spell it’s been kind of a Payne unplugging the ESC fan wire to plug the program card in all the time. Wondering if there is a better system out there, so I do not have to constantly unplug the ESC’s fan if there is a splitter, I am hoping there is one that is really short in wire length to make everything look clean, thanks in advance View attachment 271217

Use the Y-splitter for JR connectors are best way to do it.
NO cutting or soldering of cables.

^^
Those are the exact ones I use also / recommend.
👍

Can confirm. I've purchased these exact ones in the past and they work great for additional fans. Don't think I'd use them for programming though.

I use it for programming. BUT, I do disconnect the fan ,from the other side of the Y-Splitter when I do. (which is exactly what you would be doing if you didn't have the Y-splitter in the first place.)

Don't use your fingers to unplug the fan, use some needle nose pliers to grab onto the plastic connector. Try to avoid pulling the plug out by the wires. The wires are held into the plastic connector by a very thin clip that is easily bent & broken if you pull by the wires.

Good advice.

Using the Y connector is fine for running some additional fans, but running the ESC fan while using the programming card may have undesired effects. Test with wheels off the ground/workbench after programming!

Very possible. So just be aware.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back