Kraton Looking to drop a 1650kv in my Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
What’s up gents? I’m looking to swap out the original Kraton 6 motor for a 1650. What brand should I go with? Hoobywing, Castle creation, what do you guys suggest? Thanks fellas…

I have the Hobbywing 1650kv combo in both my v3 Talion and Kraton EXB. You'll quickly learn about throttle control ;) I've had good luck in both rigs, with a mix of large field bashing and jumping. LOTS of torque and speed available. Just make sure your diffs are up to the challenge!

Most people here on the forum suggest the Hobbywing 1650 for bashing and the Castle 1650 for speed running. I don't do high jumps with my Kraton 6s, and I prefer the tunability of a sensored system, so I installed the Castle MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv motor. As craig72 says, you will need to learn throttle control on any 1650kv motor quickly - they are monsters of torque, and the vehicles they are in wheelie easily.

I have the Hobbywing 1650kv combo in both my v3 Talion and Kraton EXB. You'll quickly learn about throttle control ;) I've had good luck in both rigs, with a mix of large field bashing and jumping. LOTS of torque and speed available. Just make sure your diffs are up to the challenge!
What should one be looking for keeping the diffs healthy :S :) I´m a newbie Mojave owner...

OK, short and pragmatic response. I didn´t know exactly what the idea behind LSD was...
LSD is to reduce one side getting all of the power unless absolutely necessary. It tries to share power equally from one side of the diff to the other. Under extreme loads, one side can slip and allow more power to go to the other side of the diff.

LSD is to reduce one side getting all of the power unless absolutely necessary. It tries to share power equally from one side of the diff to the other. Under extreme loads, one side can slip and allow more power to go to the other side of the diff.
OK thanks a lot! So I think in new condition it comes like max/max/min or something like that. That means in the rear it acts totally normal as with low viscosity oil?
Sorry writing this here...

OK thanks a lot! So I think in new condition it comes like max/max/min or something like that. That means in the rear it acts totally normal as with low viscosity oil?
Sorry writing this here...
It depends on which model and version. Early KEXB 1/8 had an open rear diff. I believe they then changed to LSD min effect. Now they offer an open again? I can't keep track. THe Mojave EXB I believe is all LSD. Not sure about the OC or Talion.

Open Diff
LSD Diff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back