Typhon Looking to extend my 17 mm Hex adapters on my 3s #Typhon for improved stability?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
Just wanted to make sure this is the correct part to extend my axels on my 3s Typhon for improved stability and so I can add a set of Proline MT 2.8 tires on it! Just need to confirm this is the correct part - the - Hot Racing Arrma Nero 17mm Wide Hex w/Serrated Nuts (+5mm) or the 17mm Wide Hex w/Serrated Nuts (10mm)! Let me know your thoughts @arrmafamily?

1590843076550.png

3s Typhon w: a new wing.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry I'm not sure on the part. I'm in the UK where there's fewer Hot Racing parts but what helped me was rebuilding my shocks after they were leaking heavily to begin with which made the car bouncy and roll over far too easily

You can try filling your shocks with heavier oil? Stock is 40wt. I went 70w front and 60wt rear with an extra 3mm spacer on each rear shock. It's now so much more planted... I can't roll it anymore and with next to no bounce back after jumps... night and day difference ?

You could also try lighter rear diff oil for easier cornering while on the throttle

Those won't work.

The typhon3s uses 6x12x4 outer bearing for the axle.
The nero (and other 6s models) uses 8x16x5 outer bearing for the axle.

That means the nero adapters are bigger and won't fit on the typhon3s stock axles. You have to get this https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=ATF117XT02;c=1345 along with these https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR310784.
fpvmiller- many thanks!! So if I grab the Hot racing - WHEEL AXLE (2PCS) #AR310784 (ARAC9443) & the ATF117XT02 Aluminum Heavy Duty 17mm Hex Hubs 10mm Offset Arrma 1/10 4x4 it will work correct? Also, do you have a pic of they look like installed on the 3s Typhon?

Last edited:
Yes the parts I (and you) listed are all you need. I don't have pics of that exact setup. I ended up widening my granite with 4s arms.

Just wanted to make sure this is the correct part to extend my axels on my 3s Typhon for improved stability and so I can add a set of Proline MT 2.8 tires on it! Just need to confirm this is the correct part - the - Hot Racing Arrma Nero 17mm Wide Hex w/Serrated Nuts (+5mm) or the 17mm Wide Hex w/Serrated Nuts (10mm)! Let me know your thoughts @arrmafamily?

View attachment 83307
View attachment 83309
Looking for a 3s Typhon while I wait for my Infraction back order?. If anyone tired are trying to level up 6s!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back