Looking to get a gyro for my Big Papa long Rock build project.need some info plz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I don't know much on gyros and I wanted some feed back on which one would work for my build. I picked some out and wondering if any are ok to use

Screenshot_20230202-052552.png

Screenshot_20230202-075631.png

Screenshot_20230202-075713.png

Screenshot_20230202-075747.png

Has anyone used any of these? And if so which one won't give me issues.? Thank you

How fast are you planning on going with this RC?
The long wheelbase will help a ton with keeping it straight, but gyros still can have some bennefits.
One of the best ones would be the Futaba 441 or new 470, but I only recommend if you have a 3+ channel radio where you can control it with one of the channels on the radio.

Another option is a radio that has a gyro built into the RX like the RadioLink RC6GS

I've heard many use gyro's to help stabilize the stearing when doing straight passes and I wanted to know if it would help.the speed that I intend on hitting and being comfortable with would be around 70 to 80mph.
Not trying to use a gyro to fix a issue just looking for a little assistance from it.out of the gyros I posted pics of which one would help me? My only concern is there any issues with having one installed? I did hear some one on here a few weeks mention his gyro caused him to crash.

Have you considered a receiver with a built-in gyro?

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver, 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller 30 Models Storage for RC Crawler, Drifting, Bash, Buggy Cars and Boats https://a.co/d/bqzt727

Last edited:
Have you considered a receiver with a built I gyro?

Radiolink RC4GS V3 5 Channels RC Transmitter and R6FG Gyro Receiver, 2.4GHz Surface Remote Controller 30 Models Storage for RC Crawler, Drifting, Bash, Buggy Cars and Boats https://a.co/d/bqzt727
I honestly did not know they existed..I have two flysky transmitter s.gt3 and the gt4 . Ik each one can hold up to ten models but only use them for my RC boats and I'm sure they don't have a gyro.i spent enough on them and wasn't really looking to get another transmitter.i figured to just buy a gyro which from the ones I posted are cheap enough to try out and then maybe upgrade them in the future if I needed to.

Last edited:
I've heard many use gyro's to help stabilize the stearing when doing straight passes and I wanted to know if it would help.the speed that I intend on hitting and being comfortable with would be around 70 to 80mph.
Not trying to use a gyro to fix a issue just looking for a little assistance from it.out of the gyros I posted pics of which one would help me? My only concern is there any issues with having one installed? I did hear some one on here a few weeks mention his gyro caused him to crash.
I tried one about a year ago and it made the car unstable at 80+ mph. It was set up with an adjustable pot screw.
You have to set them just right or they will not work correctly. This is why I like the option of one that you can set the gain with an extra channel on the radio digitally. I have mine set on channel 3 of the Noble NB4 radio and I can dial in an exact amount of gain. Turning the pot screw you don't know if that is 15% or 30% that you are getting. It is just a wild guess and then try to see how it drives.
I honestly did not know they existed..I have two flysky transmitter s.gt3 and the gt4 . Ik each one can hold up to models but only use them for my RC boats and I'm sure they don't have a gyro.i spent enough on them and wasn't really looking to get another transmitter.i figured to just buy a gyro which from the ones I posted are cheap enough to try out and then maybe upgrade them in the future if I needed to.
I wonder if those RX are compatible with your existing radio and if you can control the gyro from the radio?

I tried one about a year ago and it made the car unstable at 80+ mph. It was set up with an adjustable pot screw.
You have to set them just right or they will not work correctly. This is why I like the option of one that you can set the gain with an extra channel on the radio digitally. I have mine set on channel 3 of the Noble NB4 radio and I can dial in an exact amount of gain. Turning the pot screw you don't know if that is 15% or 30% that you are getting. It is just a wild guess and then try to see how it drives.

I wonder if those RX are compatible with your existing radio and if you can control the gyro from the radio?
Oh I see .yeah I did notice that little slot screw on them gyros..I get what your saying.so I suppose a transmitter is best
I wounder if my flysky transmitters have that gyro thing

I have no clue.i can check when I get out of work tonight.i know the newest one I bought 3 years ago I think it's the gt4 or 5 but I payed good amount on it .I think near 170 or 180 but I only use it on my 42" catamaran that's a built kit.never really looked into what it can do .
Let's say I keep the speed around a happy speed at around mid 60.would the gyro with that alot screw still be a issue?
I'll have to I guess look for a transmitter like you guys mentioned.but I still have no clue how I would set it up from the transmitter.like the setting the gains.
Any good vids out there ?

Last edited:
I still have no clue how I would set it up from the transmitter.like the setting the gains.
You’re overthinking it. Turn the dial, see how it drives, and make little adjustments to your preference.

It’s all spelled out in the manual and it’s pretty simple.

Fwiw
I have the gc301 and you can adjust the gain using a 3 channel radio. That being said, gyros will counter steer in oversteer conditions which mitigates the car from spinning out. The futaba gyc gyros have a different setting which will attempt to keep the car tracking straight so it’s been my choice for speed running.

I have a 301 that I’m willing to sell if you’re interested….

Last edited:
You’re overthinking it. Turn the dial, see how it drives, and make little adjustments to your preference.

It’s all spelled out in the manual and it’s pretty simple.
Yeah your right ..I tend to over think when sometimes they are simple.
So the first one I posted the skyrc one is ok to start out with?

Last edited:
Fwiw
I have the gc301 and you can adjust the gain using a 3 channel radio. That being said, gyros will counter steer in oversteer conditions which motivates the car from spinning out. The futaba gyc gyros have a different setting which will attempt to keep the car tracking straight so it’s been my choice for speed running.

@King blitz /\ this above is worth noting.

Depends on what you’re using it for. For bashing and preventing spin outs any are probably ok. But if I’m sending my $1000+ car down a street at a high velocity I want the best chance to keep it going in a straight line which is why I’m using futaba only in my cars.

Fwiw
I have the gc301 and you can adjust the gain using a 3 channel radio. That being said, gyros will counter steer in oversteer conditions which mitigates the car from spinning out. The futaba gyc gyros have a different setting which will attempt to keep the car tracking straight so it’s been my choice for speed running.

Ok I'll pm you .thank you..since my build is only for street use and I only do moderate passes yes I need some help keeping it straight.

The first one and the third one are the same gyros just as a heads up.

Ok I just looked up one of my transmitter s the GT5 Fly sky and it says it has gyro control capability.and svc.

Screenshot_20230202-104309.png

Screenshot_20230202-104256.png

See same one.so I still need to buy a gyro right?
Says I can control 20 models.i didn't even know that.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_014935756_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20210721_014935756_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 22
I have the gt5 and bs6 on my typhon. It was able to take the twitchiness of the car under full throttle. Would drive line a mouse with its tail on fire sometimes without it .

Holy crap $$$$269.00 oh boy .yeah I'm not in that league yet geez.😭
I have the gt5 and bs6 on my typhon. It was able to take the twitchiness of the car under full throttle. Would drive line a mouse with its tail on fire sometimes without it .
Oh cool so .yeah I have had mine for almost 3 years but only used it about 4 times when I finished building my 42"catamaran speed boat and never really got into knowing all the features it has. It did what I needed it to do which was stear and throttle.😁👍 .so exactly how would I be able to use it on my Big Papa long Rock? Do I still need a gyro?

well FWIW,
the GC301 and pretty much all gyros will work with any transmitter and receiver combo. I'm using a futaba radio myself. That being said,
I do not believe any of these servos (other than the GYC futabas) will have any significant advantage for speed running. These gyros are designed to correct/mititage an oversteer condition (which pretty much never occurs in speed running). If anything, if the sensitivity is set too high, then the wheels will oscillate/twitch at high speeds increasing the risk of a crash.

AFAIK, futabas are the only ones that have a setting to keep the car straight (I could be wrong so do you own DD). So if the application is for speed running, save your money and buy a futaba GYC or don't buy it at all. For bashing and oversteer correction, they're all pretty much the same and for drifting, I am told the futaba GYD series are the ones to get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back