Talion Looking to get new tires for my talion are the src terrain crushers a good choice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talion newbie 248

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm looking into getting the src terrain crushers for my talion mostly for the looks but just due to the fact they are a threaded tire supposedly and will not balloon like the stock ones. Are these a good buy?

I read somewhere that they changed the plastic they used for rims. If they haven't though, they tend to crack/break if you jump much. They don't get much traction on dirt/grass, but they do better than street tires. I spun the hex out of one of mine on my revo when running 4S, not sure how as the wheel nut was tight. 3 of the 4 are cracked pretty bad as well around the circumference of the wheel from jumping. I got them a couple years ago, so before any changes they made recently (if the post I read was true that they changed it).

I read somewhere that they changed the plastic they used for rims. If they haven't though, they tend to crack/break if you jump much. They don't get much traction on dirt/grass, but they do better than street tires. I spun the hex out of one of mine on my revo when running 4S, not sure how as the wheel nut was tight. 3 of the 4 are cracked pretty bad as well around the circumference of the wheel from jumping. I got them a couple years ago, so before any changes they made recently (if the post I read was true that they changed it).
Thanks for the response bro and what other tires do you recommend because I really like shredding the grass with the stock ones.

Thanks for the response bro and what other tires do you recommend because I really like shredding the grass with the stock ones.

I used the Terrain Crushers on my Talion and liked em. This was before the redesign. I know they'll handle 6s stock pinion well. Any belted wont be best for jumping but Id still buy the SRC TCs over the Proline belted so far until ProLine gets theirs dialed in. I unglued my new PL trenchers belted in the first half pack I ran it on the Typhon 20t. Not worth the cost yet imo for PL...especially with the plastic hubs and upselling the aluminium hubs makes em a ridiculous cost.

Otherwise, Im waiting on Backflip LP for my Talion to run offroad and still love the Katars for multi-terrain.

I used the Terrain Crushers on my Talion and liked em. This was before the redesign. I know they'll handle 6s stock pinion well. Any belted wont be best for jumping but Id still buy the SRC TCs over the Proline belted so far until ProLine gets theirs dialed in. I unglued my new PL trenchers belted in the first half pack I ran it on the Typhon 20t. Not worth the cost yet imo for PL...especially with the plastic hubs and upselling the aluminium hubs makes em a ridiculous cost.

Otherwise, Im waiting on Backflip LP for my Talion to run offroad and still love the Katars for multi-terrain.
I like the look of the terrain crushers over the prolines also. But how well do the crushers work on the street.

I really like the src terrain crushers on my Kraton. I run asphalt and tarmac, no jumping.
71B0878C-219D-4C43-9ACA-1B3D6AF4AC92.jpeg
39145F62-CB6F-4C80-ACFE-CDF051B57015.jpeg

I like the look of the terrain crushers over the prolines also. But how well do the crushers work on the street.
They hold up well. Gripped pretty good depending on the surface, side bite was very grabby, so be careful in the turns. On blacktop, they would break grip on hard acceleration. On concrete, they broke axles on my ERBEv1 on 4S. Gripped well.

I ran them quite a bit at the skate park and they wore well. No 6S though, only 4S at the time and also had them on my nitro revo for a while. Actually, I think that's where I started with them. Then I found that the lack of forward grip in grass was killing my wheelies and I moved them to my ERBEv1. It had enough torque/rpm's to wheelie pretty much anywhere, but they were less harsh on the drivetrain in the grass since they would spin/slide around some compared to what I was running on it.

On the Talion imo they ran very well on the street. Straight and solid and never seemed to wobble suggesting they could be needing balanced. Other tires / wheels I own don't run as straight and true for me. The Terrain Crushers were dependable and durable all around at least on the Talion. I got mine for $100 shipped I think and felt like I got my money out of em before I played games and pushed too hard also on the Typhon.

I really like the src terrain crushers on my Kraton. I run asphalt and tarmac, no jumping.
View attachment 48866View attachment 48867
Nice Keaton.
Nice Keaton.
*Kraton
On the Talion imo they ran very well on the street. Straight and solid and never seemed to wobble suggesting they could be needing balanced. Other tires / wheels I own don't run as straight and true for me. The Terrain Crushers were dependable and durable all around at least on the Talion. I got mine for $100 shipped I think and felt like I got my money out of em before I played games and pushed too hard also on the Typhon.
I guess imma go with the terrain crushers since you guys have only told me two things about them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back