Kraton Looking to see if there are compatible cheaper batteries between 3s and 4s arrmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmg3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for advice and cheaper batteries to use between a brushless senton 3s and a brushless Kraton 4s. I had the 3s already with a smart tech 3s 5000mah 11.1v 50c. Just bought the krayton 2nd hand with no battery. Can I use a the 3s battery? Also the Kraton has 2 plugs jumped together does this mean I can run 2 batteries? I was told I can run up to a 100c in the senton

Yes you can run 3S batteries in the 4S Kraton. It just won’t be as fast as a 4S battery. The two plugs is so you can run two 2S batteries instead of one 4S battery, but be at 4S voltage. There is no maximum C rating when choosing batteries for your car, only minimum.

If you run one lipo in the Kraton you will need a jumper for the other plug if you don't already have one. Yeah you can run 100C lipos because the true C rating is not 100C.

Zeee lipos are cheap and pretty good for the price, you can find them on Amazon, Ebay, or directly from the Zeee store.

With C rating, what you care about is if the number is high enough, not too high. There is no such thing as "too high" for C. It's only an indicator of what rate the pack can be discharged at. If your truck only uses 20C, it will work fine on 25C or 100C, but you may see it be a bit more snappy with 50C+ pack in it. It's best to buy as high of C as your willing to pay for, but to never go below the recommended C rating for any given truck.

Back