Looking to upgrade my servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a Typhon 6S v3, the stock servo might be the ADS-15M servo(?), 194 oz-in, 0.16sec/60degree, @6V. Lots of servos out there you might like to try out, Savox SW1211SG is pretty popular, rebuild kits are pretty cheap too. (208.3oz-in, 0.10 sec/60 deg, @6V - Holding amperage is 6 amps) I don't know what BEC is on your Typhon.

hobbystar hcs-4521 is a good servo for the money. I run one in my kraton exb, outcast 6s and e-revo 2.0 off max6's with BEC set to 7.2V. Can usually get them for $40 on sale at rcjuice, still a good servo for $50. Roughly the same power as the savox 1210sg, but a hair faster. Also $42 cheaper.

promodeler ds505blhv is a really nice servo for < $100. I run one in my maxx4s on 6V, very quick and strong even on 6V.

With the power, noise and accuracy of the promodeler, if any of my HCS-4521's die on me, I'll likely replace them with another DS505BLHV.

I ran a savox 1210sg in my outcast for a year, then it died on me. I replaced the fets on the board and it died again a few months later. Guessing something in the motor is causing too much load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back