Granite Looking to upgrade my stock Tactic TTX300 3-channel transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I want to upgrade my Tactic stock transmitter that came with my GRANITE 4x4 BLX!
So far, I have narrowed down my results to the following 2 transmitters for my truck which are all under the $150.00 range! See below and let me know your thoughts and opinions on which transmitter would you upgrade to from the Tactic stock transmitter?

Attachment 1. Futaba 3PV 3-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS/S-FHSS Radio System w/R203GF Receiver
Attachment 2. Spektrum DX5C DSMR 5 CH Transmitter with SR415 SPM5100

Attachments

• futk3201.jpg
    futk3201.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 63
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 39
I want to upgrade my Tactic stock transmitter that came with my GRANITE 4x4 BLX!
So far, I have narrowed down my results to the following 2 transmitters for my truck which are all under the $150.00 range! See below and let me know your thoughts and opinions on which transmitter would you upgrade to from the Tactic stock transmitter?

Attachment 1. Futaba 3PV 3-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS/S-FHSS Radio System w/R203GF Receiver
Attachment 2. Spektrum DX5C DSMR 5 CH Transmitter with SR415 SPM5100
I had the spectrum and I had two complaints:

1. The power button would get stuck in the down position. I would then have to use a knife point to pry it back up. It really was annoying.

2. The scroll wheel also acts as the select button when you push it in. So if you are scrolling quickly, it's easy to press it accidentally and select something you didn't want to select.

Other than those two annoyances, the transmitter was excellent. It has a lot of features, many of which you may never even use. I can't speak to the Futaba because I have never used one. I'm sure it is an excellent radio though.

I had the spectrum and I had two complaints:

1. The power button would get stuck in the down position. I would then have to use a knife point to pry it back up. It really was annoying.

2. The scroll wheel also acts as the select button when you push it in. So if you are scrolling quickly, it's easy to press it accidentally and select something you didn't want to select.

Other than those two annoyances, the transmitter was excellent. It has a lot of features, many of which you may never even use. I can't speak to the Futaba because I have never used one. I'm sure it is an excellent radio though.
Shoot you know what I’m pretty sure there’s a YouTube video on how to fix the sticky button if you haven’t fixed yours yet... I’ll post it if I can find it.

Shoot you know what I’m pretty sure there’s a YouTube video on how to fix the sticky button if you haven’t fixed yours yet... I’ll post it if I can find it.
Radio was stolen. I have a DX5 Rugged now. No button issues.

Check out the flysky gt3c and the absima cr3p, budget prices but great specs, there are loads of compatible recievers and they are 5 bucks each. It's great having all my rcs on the one handset. I use the cr3p.

I have the DX5C, it's a pretty nice radio with a ton of features I'll probably never use. Not sure how I feel about AVC yet still messing around with it. You can find receivers on ebay for like $20. My only issues are the same as @bicketybam.

I don't have much experience with the Futaba but I want to get one just to see if it works better for me than the DX5C does.
Where?

I have the DX5C, it's a pretty nice radio with a ton of features I'll probably never use. Not sure how I feel about AVC yet still messing around with it. You can find receivers on ebay for like $20. My only issues are the same as @bicketybam.

I don't have much experience with the Futaba but I want to get one just to see if it works better for me than the DX5C does.

Where?
I’ll try and find it (sorry I didn’t think to do it because bickety upgraded)

Found it, whoops. I thought it was a spektrum dx3c from the title (read it wrong)... my bad. It’s flysky.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back