Senton Looking to upgrade shocks and tires on Senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJMARLOWE

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Looking to upgrade shocks and tires .. what is everyone running and what other upgrades are recommended

Looking to upgrade shocks and tires .. what is everyone running and what other upgrades are recommended
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perfo...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

These are the only shocks i've found outside the typhoon shocks to just bolt right on. They need a #6 washer or 2 on the top mount but thats it. They do have a defect where the plastic plunger inside the shocks on the rears arent punched all the way though, If you simply unscrew the bottom eyelet and pull it out of the shock, you can just with a razor blade open it up. Best replacements i've found so far.

TBone bumpers are awesome but they also have a defect in them where they are designed around the Mega and not the 3S. There is a slight bend needed on the mounting bracket when attaching to the truck. I fixed that with an L Bracket to just hold the bracket against the truck.

Tires i've heard the best option is Duratrax and they even carry the 14mm Hex.

I've stuck with stock shocks. They work very well. I've tried a few and have gone back to stock. For tires what terrain are you mostly running? Duratrax does do 14mm. I use Banditos fo pavement and really like them. Still using stock for off road.

I've stuck with stock shocks. They work very well. I've tried a few and have gone back to stock. For tires what terrain are you mostly running? Duratrax does do 14mm. I use Banditos fo pavement and really like them. Still using stock for off road.

If the stock shocks don't leak then they are perfect for the trucks.

So do the Typhon 6s shocks bolt right on or do you have to modify them .. I live in az so I run it on the hard dirt mostly, but some grass and pavement also.

Picked up some Granite Tires and Proline shocks.. rears for the front and extra long’s for the back that should fit .. not sure if I need to change the pinion

Hi MJ.
For the shocks and being honnest, nobody at local track is using plastic shocks anymore. So, basics front steel shocks could be ok and keep on the truck the stock rear shocks. (the front stock shocks are good for maintenance)

For the tires, we use VP Pro (inside track)/Duratrax C2 (outside track)/Proline Trencher (all around);

Don't forget, stock Senton dboots are good too.
PL

Tires and Prolines are on.. what did anyone use to raise the body mounts

Attachments

• E7EE517D-649D-45FC-8B33-16D4394E4D68.jpeg
    E7EE517D-649D-45FC-8B33-16D4394E4D68.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 4D72DAE4-BE84-4D06-9B69-AEE39997F803.jpeg
    4D72DAE4-BE84-4D06-9B69-AEE39997F803.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 8629065C-4F65-4462-B8A0-21CF9CD89EF4.jpeg
    8629065C-4F65-4462-B8A0-21CF9CD89EF4.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 140
So do the Typhon 6s shocks bolt right on or do you have to modify them .. I live in az so I run it on the hard dirt mostly, but some grass and pavement also.
They mostly bolt up. The only (very minor) issue is the top of the 6s shock does not have a bushing in it. I reuse one of the pivot balls from the plastic shocks, others have used a small bit of fuel tubing.

They mostly bolt up. The only (very minor) issue is the top of the 6s shock does not have a bushing in it. I reuse one of the pivot balls from the plastic shocks, others have used a small bit of fuel tubing.
You can also use the extra servo splines that come with the traxxas servo savers if you are switching the caps to Arrma metal ones. You will use two per shock cap. If they are rubbing the drive shafts, use the spacers that come with traxxas 1937 and increase the screw length to 20mm.

For tires i order a set of louise uphill 2.8" wheels they do offer now a 14mm hex.I leave in Europe they said is the same duratrax factory.i can tell you when i get them

The prolines are for the slash .. I used the rear for the slash on the front of the Senton and the extra long shafts on the back which also comes with 2 sets of duel springs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back