Looking to upgrade stock SLT3 transmitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDCORRAL

Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR’S TO ALL……… I have been wanting go upgrade my stock STL3 radio that came with my BIGROCK order.
I have been lookinng at the Spektrum DX5C or. The DX 5 Pro and curious about the Futaba 4PM. …..please help /share any ideas or insight …….. Thank You all……..Dave

Hi Dave! You certainly can’t go wrong with the Futaba. That said, I highly recommend the RadioLink RC6GS. It is usually sold with a dual antenna receiver and has the best “out of the box” range of anything out there and radio (battery) telemetry. Also, pretty much any adjustability features most will need. It feels cheap in your hand, looks cheap, and has outstanding performance for a budget price. Just my .02

RC4GS $60. ish dollars. or the RC6GS lke @Dan B. stated. Better Rx for a few coins more. AMZ. And don't look back. SLT3 sucks. I tossed my FT SLT 3 out the box.
I have a DX5C, RC6GS and the Noble NB4. I would never buy any other Spektrum Radio again.
If you want long range for speed running for instance, the Radiolink RC6GS hands down. Run my Lmitless with it for my speed running. Rx are cheap also, and have a Gyro Rx if you care to enable that feature. Has multi-model memory for additional models you buy down the road.
I was a strict Futaba fanboy back in the day. Their Rx's are expensive. Surely good stuff. At least their Higher end stuff. Like the 7PX or the 10PX. These days I look to other brand radios Especially just for Bashing. And the NB4 is a great track radio if you find yourself at the track . Excellent Frame rate. Just not the best choice for very long 1km range.

Last edited:
Glad this thread got some good advice. I've been looking to upgrade my SLT3 also, just because of the mixed range reports. I've been thinking of the Dumborc X6 with the X6 FG receiver, as they advertise 400+ yard range. I figure even if I get half of that it's way more than my Spektrum!

Last edited:
Thanks for the question, and the answers! My, errr, other-brand RTR radio is pretty clumsy to try and navigate/program, since there's no screen, and you're reading the # of blinks, and comparing to the manual. Traxxas makes a Bluetooth module for it, to use a phone app to control & program it. That's cool.

But the BT module is $35. If a better radio & receiver (maybe also with a gyro) is in the $70-80 range, and has a screen and everything, maybe that becomes a more-appealing approach.

Also, in a radio discussion elsewhere, I saw suggestions of the FlySky FS-GT5. I don't claim to know anything about it (has a screen, and the included receiver has a gyro), but people seemed happy with it. $65:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B2SVQ3M/

Futaba all the way baby!
I’ve had the 3pv, 4pm and now the 10px and I highly recommend the futaba ecosystem.
I’m running full futaba in both my cars….

Futaba all the way baby!
I’ve had the 3pv, 4pm and now the 10px and I highly recommend the futaba ecosystem.
I’m running full futaba in both my cars….

agreed

Hi Dave! You certainly can’t go wrong with the Futaba. That said, I highly recommend the RadioLink RC6GS. It is usually sold with a dual antenna receiver and has the best “out of the box” range of anything out there and radio (battery) telemetry. Also, pretty much any adjustability features most will need. It feels cheap in your hand, looks cheap, and has outstanding performance for a budget price. Just my .02
HeyDan thank you I’m buying the Radiolink RC6GS V3 with receiver R7 FG 7 ch w/Gyro & R6 FG 6ch
Hey Dan
I’m buying the Radiolink RC6GS V3 with 2 included receivers R7FG 7chw/Gyro & R6FG 6ch w/Gyro & XT60 Telemetry cable all for $105
So thank you I was wondering when I receive it could you help me setting it up with my BigRock I switched the ESC to BLK 100 firma also was wondering if you know how to set up gyro and if you have tried setting up fpv
RC4GS $60. ish dollars. or the RC6GS lke @Dan B. stated. Better Rx for a few coins more. AMZ. And don't look back. SLT3 sucks. I tossed my FT SLT 3 out the box.
I have a DX5C, RC6GS and the Noble NB4. I would never buy any other Spektrum Radio again.
If you want long range for speed running for instance, the Radiolink RC6GS hands down. Run my Lmitless with it for my speed running. Rx are cheap also, and have a Gyro Rx if you care to enable that feature. Has multi-model memory for additional models you buy down the road.
I was a strict Futaba fanboy back in the day. Their Rx's are expensive. Surely good stuff. At least their Higher end stuff. Like the 7PX or the 10PX. These days I look to other brand radios Especially just for Bashing. And the NB4 is a great track radio if you find yourself at the track . Excellent Frame rate. Just not the best choice for very long 1km range.
Hey thank you Src
I went ahead and bought the Radiolink RC6GS V3 it came with 2 receivers R7FG 7ch W/Gyro & R6FG 6ch W/Gyro & XT60 Telemetry cable I haven’t received it yet do you know on how to set up gyro with this radio and if so could you help me set up or lead me to where and how to also have you ever played with FPV???

Last edited:
HeyDan thank you I’m buying the Radiolink RC6GS V3 with receiver R7 FG 7 ch w/Gyro & R6 FG 6ch
Hey Dan
I’m buying the Radiolink RC6GS V3 with 2 included receivers R7FG 7chw/Gyro & R6FG 6ch w/Gyro & XT60 Telemetry cable all for $105
So thank you I was wondering when I receive it could you help me setting it up with my BigRock I switched the ESC to BLK 100 firma also was wondering if you know how to set up gyro and if you have tried setting up fpv

Hey thank you Src
I went ahead and bought the Radiolink RC6GS V3 it came with 2 receivers R7FG 7ch W/Gyro & R6FG 6ch W/Gyro & XT60 Telemetry cable I haven’t received it yet do you know on how to set up gyro with this radio and if so could you help me set up or lead me to where and how to also have you ever played with FPV???
No FPV for me as of yet, but I’d be happy to help with your radio setup. I’m quite sure @SrC is better than me though. He’s the one that talked me into the Radiolink a couple years ago, and I’m glad he did!

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S TO ALL……… I have been wanting go upgrade my stock STL3 radio that came with my BIGROCK order.
I have been lookinng at the Spektrum DX5C or. The DX 5 Pro and curious about the Futaba 4PM. …..please help /share any ideas or insight …….. Thank You all……..Dave
I have had excellent performance from the DumboRC 6x and the price can not be beat

I just installed the DumboRC X6 and receiver with gyro in my Typhon 3S. Can't wait to get it outside and try it out.
Does anyone use the channel 4 slider switch for anything? I know the 6 knob controls the gyro, but unsure about 4 and 5. Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back