Outcast Looks Like Arrma Snuck A Double Bonus Upgraded Part In On Us

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
Sometime last week I noticed a new Arrma part pop up on eBay that I've never seen before. Arrma Part# AR727410
IMG_9860.jpg

After looking at these screws for a minute I thought to myself, on what vehicle are they using this on, and where? I kinda shrugged my shoulders and went on about my shopping, only have have that question and my lack of an answer annoy me over the weekend. So, I set out to find the answer late last night and started researching the part.

As it It turns out, Arrma has gifted us with a double bonus upgrade in the form of a double socketed screw that is used on the new 4S Outcast and Kraton and installed as an improved sacrificial screw that goes along the top of the body's roll hoop on the Outcast, and along the rear of the Kratons wing.
IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

The 1st bonus with the new screw is that when you accidentally flip the Outcast on its lid going down the street, the heads of the screws on top of the roll bar take a lot of the damage, but get ground down sometimes to the point that it eats enough of the screws head away, that you don't have enough material left to insert a hex driver to remove it from the roll bar. By making these new screws double socketed, you now have the ability to take the roll bar off and turn the screws from the bottom in the event the tops are too worn down. Good thinking Arrma!

Here's the 2nd bonus this new fastener offers.
The new screw is a m4 x 10, and the droop screws that Arrma uses on the 6s lower arms are m4 x 12. Unfortunately the current droop screws love digging little divots into the chassis over time. So Just like the M2C upgraded droop screw design, you should be able to use these as replacement droop screws on your 6s vehicles by having the head face down to make contact with the ears of the chassis and in turn eliminating or reducing the tendency for the screws to dig into the chassis throwing the droop settings off as they wear away the point of contact.

I have not personally tested this 2nd bonus, "alternative droop screw theory" out yet, but do have them on the way, and see no reason why they wouldn't work. My order will be arriving later this week to confirm fitment and function. There really shouldn't be any issue but will report back my findings in this thread once I have them in hand regardless.

If someone has a new 4s Outcast or Kraton along with a 6s vehicle, and would like to test fit and confirm that these screws will also work as an upgrade to replace the currently used droop screws, let us know. If not I'll be back to report the findings.

Last edited:
Sometime last week I noticed a new Arrma part pop up on eBay that I've never seen before. Arrma Part# AR727410
View attachment 38124
After looking at these screws for a minute I thought to myself, on what vehicle are they using this on, and where? I kinda shrugged my shoulders and went on about my shopping, only have have that question and my lack of an answer annoy me over the weekend. So, I set out to find the answer late last night and started researching the part.

As it It turns out, Arrma has gifted us with a double bonus upgrade in the form of a double socketed screw that is used on the new 4S Outcast and Kraton and installed as an improved sacrificial screw that goes along the top of the body's roll hoop on the Outcast, and along the rear of the Kratons wing.

Here's the 2nd (temporarily theoretical) bonus this new fastener offers.
The new screw is a m4 x 10, and the droop screws that Arrma uses on the 6s lower arms are m4 x 12. Unfortunately the current droop screws love digging little divots into the chassis over time. So Just like the M2C upgraded droop screw design, you should be able tonuse these as replacement droop screws on your 6s vehicles by having the head face down to make contact with the ears of the chassis and in turn eliminating or reducing the tendency for the screws to dig into the chassis throwing the droop settings off as they wear away the point of contact.

I have not personally tested this 2nd bonus, "alternative droop screw theory" out yet, but do have them on the way, and see no reason why they wouldn't work. My order will be arriving later this week to confirm fitment and function. There really shouldn't be any issue but will report back my findings in this thread once I have them in hand regardless.

If someone has a new 4s Outcast or Kraton along with a 6s vehicle, and would like to test fit and confirm that these screws will also work as an upgrade to replace the currently used droop screws, let us know. If not I'll be back to report the findings.
Nice find @Mr.Duke. Soon as I saw the pic, an "Arrma" droop screw was the first thing I thought it might be. The pic of the roll hoop was like :(. But happy you already did the homework on sizing. Now maybe those M2C tabsvwill last a little longer if I grab a set of these.(y)(y)

I also never realized that Arrma designed the roll bars to accept a universal size flint in the unoccupied holes on top, so that when you slide upside down it makes a bigger spark show.

IMG_9863.jpg

The steel screws already produce sparks when it slides down the street upside down, but now I wanna go out and get some flint to see the difference

I also never realized that Arrma designed the roll bars to accept a universal size flint in the unoccupied holes on top, so that when you slide upside down it makes a bigger spark show.

View attachment 38131
The steel screws already produce sparks when it slides down the street upside down, but now I wanna go out and get some flint to see the difference
That was one of the highlighted features of the Outcast when they came out. It was way up towards the top on the Arrma website for the first generation Outcast. I guess I just figured that everybody knew about that LOL.

View attachment 38131
I use some high grade hex bolts in place of the button head ones that most might use. They take way more abuse, but I did have to bore out the holes a bit to take the slightly larger diameter threads. Wasn't out of fancy though. Bought new roll hoops for two new bodies, and the package doesn't include hardware. Went into the screw chest, and came up with these. Work great, and don't grab like you might be thinking. Truck is usually moving to fast for them to catch anything, and the roll hoops are holding up well without any excessive signs of wear or damage.
That was one of the highlighted features of the Outcast when they came out. It was way up towards the top on the Arrma website for the first generation Outcast. I guess I just figured that everybody knew about that LOL.
Now to the store to buy flints for my rc.......... "Seriously babe, the flints are for the Outcast"

Attachments

• 20190407_183056 - Copy.jpg
    20190407_183056 - Copy.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 140

View attachment 38131
You can fit flints into the stock rear Kraton bumper as well.

I knew about the flints, but the screws are interesting.

F me! $16.99 US to ship to Canada from Tower Hobbies. Gotta contact my local guy now to order them in and pay only $9 CAD total, instead of $23 US.
F me! $16.99 US to ship to Canada from Tower Hobbies. Gotta contact my local guy now to order them in and pay only $9 CAD total, instead of $23 US.
and I'll have them by next Wednesday. Ordered!?

The double socketed screws came in the mail today and I can now confirm that using Arrma Part# AR727410 (or ARAC9870) in place of the standard droop screws in the lower control arms works perfectly. No more dimples in the chassis from the standard droop screws digging into it and causing damage or readjustment. They screw in from the bottom with a 2.5 hex and are adjusted the same as the standard droop screws with a 2.0 hex from the top. 8 screws come in the package so I have enough to upgrade both the Outcast and Talion for a cost of $8.13

IMG_9888.JPG

IMG_9883.JPG
IMG_9885.JPG
IMG_9886.JPG
IMG_9887.JPG

IMO Arrma should replace the old droop screws with these on all of their 6s models leaving the factory.

Last edited:
Glad Arrma brought them back into production from the Team Durango days

Glad Arrma brought them back into production from the Team Durango days
I'm ordering some tonight. Thank you for the tips. One set and some other stuff.
I have purchased flints a while back but they don't fit in just right without some drilling or shaving. I also have some HPI #107372 droop screws to replace the ones on my noto Roll Cage and for a second Roll Cage for a black body still new but haven't used em.
I'll use the new ones you've posted for true droop screws and keep using the HPI on the top of both cages.
...Unless somebody wants to buy a new Black Noto Body and new Roll Cage that is still uninstalled and in the package.
I'm ordering some tonight. Thank you for the tips. One set and some other stuff.
I have purchased flints a while back but they don't fit in just right without some drilling or shaving. I also have some HPI #107372 droop screws to replace the ones on my noto Roll Cage and for a second Roll Cage for a black body still new but haven't used em.
I'll use the new ones you've posted for true droop screws and keep using the HPI on the top of both cages.
...Unless somebody wants to buy a new Black Noto Body and new Roll Cage that is still uninstalled and in the package.

Awesome! Thanks for this info @Mr.Duke.

BTW can you still reach the max droop as with the stock screws?
You actually gain a little bit of adjustment from the overall longer length of the fastener
IMG_9897.JPG
IMG_9899.JPG

View attachment 38124

View attachment 38129
View attachment 38128

The 1st bonus with the new screw is that when you accidentally flip the Outcast on its lid going down the street, the heads of the screws on top of the roll bar take a lot of the damage, but get ground down sometimes to the point that it eats enough of the screws head away, that you don't have enough material left to insert a hex driver to remove it from the roll bar. By making these new screws double socketed, you now have the ability to take the roll bar off and turn the screws from the bottom in the event the tops are too worn down. Good thinking Arrma!

Here's the 2nd bonus this new fastener offers.
The new screw is a m4 x 10, and the droop screws that Arrma uses on the 6s lower arms are m4 x 12. Unfortunately the current droop screws love digging little divots into the chassis over time. So Just like the M2C upgraded droop screw design, you should be able to use these as replacement droop screws on your 6s vehicles by having the head face down to make contact with the ears of the chassis and in turn eliminating or reducing the tendency for the screws to dig into the chassis throwing the droop settings off as they wear away the point of contact.

The body post protectors use the same style screw so if the top of the button head get ground down they can still be removed

My Typhon has dig marks in all 4 corners of the chassis after only running for 30 seconds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back