Looks like Lunsford is closing up shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
Looks like Lunsford is closing up shop
313429825_3004559593177987_4342494814571423675_n.jpg

Wow that really sucks. Not a good sign for the RC industry.
Lundsford was a well known staple RC upgrade brand. They set the standard for quality early back in the day.
Sad.:(

Wow that really sucks. Not a good sign for the RC industry.
Lundsford was a well known staple RC upgrade brand. They set the standard for quality early back in the day.
Sad.:(
Exactly, i'm hoping this isn't the "trend", particularly with the other few ones lately we've seen closing.

PL tanked also, almost went under as well, but HH bought the PL company , thankfully so.
I wish HH or Amain bought up Lundsford.
American RC brands are suffering due to outsourcing competition, if you ask me.

Bummer. I have a similar connection like many. I was a loyal customer back in my youth when I raced competitively and worked at a hobby shop. It was also top quality stuff. Hopefully they just retired by choice. Too bad the brand was not sold or passed on to their next generation though.

I think there old and just want to retire and enjoy the rest of life. Old people do that ya know :)

^^^
+1
I said the same to myself. Old Small family RC business. Just moving on.
It probably paid the bills well, and now time to move on to retirement. Makes sense. I still say Amain would have been a great buyer. Or at least buying the Name. Who knows. Maybe Lundsford will come back in name only under new managment.
Like with Tekin back in the late 90's, when Tekin went out of business.
A Tekin Engineer bought the Tekin name Rights and more than a decade later created the Tekin we know today. Completely different ESC company.

Last edited:
Time for some young whippersnapper to pick up the mantle...

Too many shops are closing down..
I thought the idea was to bring back a lot of the manufacturing back to the States..

Well that sucks. It looks like they already took down their website as well.
I'm sure they considered this carefully and it wasn't all of a sudden.
Sometimes the writing is always on the wall, years later the time became right to pull the plug. :unsure:

It's pretty alarming to see the number of R/C companies that have consolidated, closed up shop or teetered on the edge of collapse over the past 5 years with almost no new players to replace them. I thought this hobby had at least another decade or two left in the sun, but each piece of news like this makes me wonder if I'm too optimistic.

Time for some young whippersnapper to pick up the mantle...

Too many shops are closing down..
I thought the idea was to bring back a lot of the manufacturing back to the States..
The young: The mantles to heavy, it’s hot out, how long is this going to take, when’s lunch, why do we have to drive so far,how come so and so doesn’t have to help, why do they get to that and not me. I call them worthlessnappers!!! They got no skills and an even worse attitude. GREAT JOB MOM AND DAD!!!
It's pretty alarming to see the number of R/C companies that have consolidated, closed up shop or teetered on the edge of collapse over the past 5 years with almost no new players to replace them. I thought this hobby had at least another decade or two left in the sun, but each piece of news like this makes me wonder if I'm too optimistic.
Only thing these kids nowadays are good at building is a case of anxiety!!! They don’t even know how to HOLD tools live alone use them.

The young: The mantles to heavy, it’s hot out, how long is this going to take, when’s lunch, why do we have to drive so far,how come so and so doesn’t have to help, why do they get to that and not me. I call them worthlessnappers!!! They got no skills and an even worse attitude. GREAT JOB MOM AND DAD!!!

Only thing these kids nowadays are good at building is a case of anxiety!!! They don’t even know how to HOLD tools live alone use them.

Lol yup an entire generation thinks this is a ratchet.

1667412677726.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back